Tax Services Manager - Financial Services Organization - Insurance
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
TAX SERVICES MANAGER - FINANCIAL SERVICES ORGANIZATION - INSURANCE - (NEW YORK, NY; HOBOKEN, NJ; CHICAGO, IL; DALLAS, TX)
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
We currently have an opportunity for you to join our Insurance Tax practice as a Manager. Working with dedicated professionals in the insurance industry, you will be involved in dynamic tax compliance projects to develop your tax technical knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will juggle multiple tasks in a high performing environment. You will oversee financial statement audits as well as review tax returns. You will also be responsible for relationship management. Relationship management includes: building lasting professional relations with key employees of clients; managing the staffing and economics of engagements; and analyzing engagement results to continue to provide exceptional client service to our Insurance clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Critical thinking
- Eager to build professional network
- Ability to lead a team of professionals
- Drive to see new business opportunities at the clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years of Tax experience
- CPA or licensed Attorney, or the ability to achieve either within one year of employment
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740 and SSAP 101
- Income tax support for audits and income tax experience for Insurance companies as well as C Corporations
- At least 4 - 5 years of experience in preparing 1120, 1120 PC, 1120 L and consolidated group returns; experience reviewing these returns is a must
Ideally, you'll also have
- Direct experience in state and local taxation (e.g., state return compliance, state income tax accounting, state apportionment fundamentals)
- SEC experience
- Proven experience in managing teams
What we look for
- Leadership ' conducts him or herself in a manner that inspires and educates Patience & Organization ' in high performing environment, delays beyond our control occur. It's important to have the ability to put tasks to the side to allow for the dust to settle and move on to other tasks.
- Passion & Drive ' Being in management in public accounting is not a spectator sport. It requires constant movement and reinvention.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.