Indirect Transaction Tax Senior - Chicago & Atlanta
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Handling tax in such a large, sophisticated organization takes more than just a technical understanding of current tax practices. As a Transactions Senior, we’ll look to you to apply your knowledge to a wide range of tax areas and processes, devising strategic outcomes to some very complex issues. In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it’s here you’ll find everything you need to grow as we do. It’s all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs. Our Indirect Transactions practice helps our clients plan, execute and integrate their transaction strategies. Our services include deal structuring, due diligence, post-deal integration, tax attribute management, and opinions and ruling requests. We also manage relationships with highly acquisitive clients that require realtime support and advice.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll likely spend much of your time supporting client consultations and challenging the tax strategy and approach for optimal effectiveness. We’ll look to you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources while developing and coaching junior members of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Provide indirect tax consulting advice to clients across all tax types, industries, and jurisdictions
- Support client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and structuring engagements related to transactions that private equity and strategic corporate entities pursue
- Assist with the review and analysis of merger agreements and opinion letters
- Identification and analysis of tax risks and opportunities while advising on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses
- Develop less experienced team members through mentoring, knowledge-sharing and teaming
- Drafting/reviewing reports summarizing tax exposures, related risks and recommendations for next steps
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- Experience with M&A tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
Ideally, you’ll also have
- US CPA or member of US State bar
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
What we look for
We’re interested in people who can support multiple tax engagements and contribute to the delivery of innovative tax planning ideas for our diverse clients. We’ll look to you to develop strong relationships across a network of existing and future clients, focusing on providing insight and implementing operational efficiencies while demonstrating a solid understanding of their business
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.