Global Compliance & Reporting Manager-Central and Southeast US
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Business is constantly evolving, and more than ever, staying at the forefront is all about identifying and adapting to change. As a Tax Manager, you'll see this first hand by being immersed in the evolving tax environment through preparing and auditing income tax provisions, assisting with income tax filings, consulting on planning opportunities, and coaching and developing staff on your engagement teams.
You'll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. This is an opportunity for cross-border and cross-functional teaming. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience ' in over 120 countries ' with standard global compliance and tax accounting processes and web-based tools.
Your key responsibilities
You'll spend your time supporting client engagements by coordinating day-to-day interactions with clients, reviewing staff work product, driving delivery of services to meet deadlines, developing internal team members, and managing engagement economics. You'll continuously build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations. Identifying and resolving tax technical issues and sharing insights to improve our efficiency will be a key component. In addition, you'll partner with other team members to help identify new opportunities to leverage to your clients across multiple service lines.
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing our clients with domestic federal tax advice and guidance tailored to their unique needs
- Keeping up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Supervising high-performing teams and sharing your experience and knowledge of leading-practices
- Developing the technical and soft skills of younger colleagues, and participating in the performance management process
- Building relationships at all levels both internally and externally, promoting a culture of collaboration
- Preparing practical recommendations to some of our clients' most complex tax issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a graduate degree in Tax or Law and approximately five years of related work experience
- CPA certification or licensed attorney status
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax and a broad understanding of US income taxation
- Experience managing budgets and projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and data mining tools
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple projects, and the confidence to engage and integrate directly into our clients' teams
Ideally, you'll also have
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We're interested in people who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse, and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients. If you have a strong client focus, the ability to develop meaningful relationships and the ambition to deliver above and beyond expectations, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.