Data Services, Enterprise Data Model Lead
Who we are looking for
This is a technology leadership position in State Street Global Technology Services seeking a technology leader with specialized business knowledge in the middle/front office areas. The candidate is someone with proven record of technology project execution with ability to get hands on when it comes to analysis design and execution, someone with creativity and self-motivation to delivery on mission critical projects.
What you will be responsible for
As Data Services, Enterprise Data Model Lead you will
- Drive various aspects of the data services platform
- Lead design discussions with a diverse set of State Street, our Client and our vendor teams.
- Responsible for driving execution for key projects in a timely and cost effective manner
- Be the subject matter expert for multiple technology functions
- Lead development and deployment of domain driven common data model to drive the execution on State Street Global Services middle and back office data services initiatives.
- Define and maintain data domain taxonomy and ontology.
- Create and maintain data architecture standards and best practices on data modeling, data ingestion and transformation, consumption, data APIs and data entitlements.
- Lead a team of data architects, data modelers and data engineers to drive the execution of data solutions on data platform.
- Collaborating and building partnership with enterprise data governance, enterprise architecture, business data product owners, business and other technology teams to achieve the vision of State Street Data Services to provide consistent, high quality and meaningful data for client and business consumption.
- Define metadata management across the platform to provide data catalog and data lineage capabilities.
- Leverage data governance and information security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of data.
- Define and execute on data API strategy.
- Subject Matter Expert in cloud database technologies, data modeling and data APIs
- Lead engineers at different layers of the stack, on the operational challenges related to scalability, reliability, performance and efficiency of our systems.
- Help the team and other engineers to continuously improve our operating processes.
- Partner with the other engineering/operations teams proactively to define your team’s vision/roadmap and evolve our data solution.
- Drive technical architecture and process decisions to ensure the continued health of the overall system.
- Stay abreast of State Street Engineering principles and ensure that solution design and development adhere to the standards, processes, and best practices
- Collaborate with the stakeholders to translate business objectives into technology Vision, Strategy and Roadmap for the State Street Data Platform
- Define the Platform Life-Cycle and the engagement model with the platform stakeholders, establish Model Governance and Demand Management frameworks
- Work with the business and technology partners to identify new opportunities and create business cases to further leverage the platform and maximize its benefits
- Mobilize the team, train and mentor junior members
- Foster a cultural transformation in the organization to achieve greater collaboration, innovation and productivity
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 20+ years of experience in data management, data architecture, data warehouse, data governance, and data delivery.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in driving and deploying large scale data warehouse and data analytics solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in investment accounting and fund accounting data domains.
- Strong background in VLDB and Lakehouse – Snowflake, Redshift and Databricks.
- Strong data modelling experience specifically in data vault 2.0 and dimensional modelling.
- Experience in event driven architectures, messaging hub (Kafka, MQ).
- Experience in architecting and deploying data solution on Azure and AWS.
- Experience in master data management – primarily security master and client master.
- Experience in building or implementing data catalogue, data lineage and/or data governance tools.
- Experience in NoSQL database technologies – Dynamo, Cosmos or HBASE
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience managing a distributed team is a plus as your team is in multiple locations, primarily in the US, China, and India
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills, and organizational skills
- effective product management and problem solving skills, results-driven, comfortable with dealing with uncertainty
- Experience with financial management and planning
- Extensive expertise in implementing Agile SDLC on large scale projects leveraging Jira, Confluence and other tools to increase the collaboration and productivity across the team
- Extensive experience in the financial industry with a strong business domain knowledge
- Experience in financial industry working on financial reporting/regulatory projects is a plus.
- Domain knowledge of financial industry concepts Securities 101 Capital Markets 101 etc. is desirable
- Experience in evaluating software estimating cost and delivery timelines and managing financials
- Experience leading agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
- Work closely with the business & IT stake holders to manage delivery
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge on any Industry tools and frameworks in the data space.
- Ability to lead delivery, manage team members if required and provide feedback
- Ability to make effective decisions and manage change
- Communicates effectively in a professional manner both written and orally
- Team player with a positive attitude enthusiasm initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task energetic fast learner & problem solver
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.