Sales & Use Tax Manager -North America
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you´ll work
Our Beloit, WI location is home to our Corporate Headquarters for the North American Region. This location has approximately 700 employees at this location that in roles such as regulatory, RD&A, finance, procurement, supply chain and customer care. It is easily commutable from the Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee areas. You'll enjoy your time inside and outside of the office as we offer a full cafeteria, fitness center, and beautiful walking paths around the campus. This location is involved and committed to giving back to the community multiple times throughout the year through our Kerry Employee Engagement Program volunteering with various organizations.
What you'll do
- Management of the US and Canadian Indirect Tax compliance and other North American indirect tax compliance as required (with external service provider and internal tax accountants)
- Oversight of outsourced sales and use tax compliance with external service providers
- Manage 1099 reporting compliance and annual business reports
- Management of the US and Canadian Indirect Tax audits including working with the current global Tax Audit Director to address tax matters arising from the same.
- Manage, support, and develop tax accountants.
- Communicate frequently and timely to Regional Tax Director on indirect tax matters.
- Advise on taxation matters relating to acquisitions or disposals including structuring and due diligence.
- Responsible for preparing technical research, including preparing and maintaining tax analyses and technical papers, to support tax filing positions.
- Proactively develop an awareness for tax within the North American business beyond tax and finance professionals to ensure that tax outcomes are assessed.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal business stakeholders ensuring close and regular dialogue is maintained with operations, regional finance directors and finance managers.
- Proactively identify tax planning strategies / opportunities to reduce indirect tax liability including conducting reverse tax audits, applying for available exemptions and incentives, or other similar planning techniques.
What you'll need to be successful
- BS Finance or accountancy, or similar qualification
- CPA or Master in Tax a plus
- Experience with a large public accounting firm a plus
- A minimum of 7-10 years relevant indirect tax experience ideally gained in a large professional multinational environment
- Experience of leading and developing teams with varied skills and experience
- Experience managing relationships with external service providers as well as internal stakeholders
- Able to deal effectively in a multi-jurisdictional and global environment
- High degree of commercial acumen and ability to make reasoned decisions and judgements
- High levels of personal credibility, professionalism, and integrity
- Willing to challenge the status quo whilst maintaining a team ethos
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to convert the technical to non-technical
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with the confidence and ability to work independently while collaborating with the US team.
- Experience with Thomson OneSource Indirect Tax and LCR Dixon preferred
- ERP experience (SAP preferred)
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.