Finance Regulatory Controller - Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. We have a strong emphasis on diversity and giving back, partnering with local communities all over the world.
- The Regulatory Controllers team is responsible for preparation of capital and liquidity ratios as well as related reporting in order to comply with regulatory requirements and to contribute to the monitoring of these ratios with Business Units. Regulatory Controllers form part of the wider Financial Control Group and liaises with Regulatory Reporting teams in Glasgow and London as well as with other Finance and Risk teams globally.
Regulatory controller’s duties include:
- Monitoring regulatory compliance in accordance with CRR requirements for Morgan Stanley Europe Holding SE.
- Reporting accurate and timely capital usage information to the CFO group and externally the ECB and Bundesbank/BaFin.
Role and responsibilities:
- Preparation, verification and submission of regulatory metrics and reports with focus on capital reporting (e.g. COREP, Large Exposures, Leverage Ratio, ECB Stress Test).
- Execution of daily/weekly deliverables related to internal capital reporting by interacting with various stakeholders and business units. Respond to ad-hoc information requests and perform impact analysis as necessary.
- Challenging processes and procedures, enhance controls and support strategic development of firm systems.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements according to European and specific German requirements with very high focus on Capital rules and the accuracy of our calculations, contributing to a complex and ongoing assurance agenda.
- Contact for Internal, Statutory and Regulatory Auditor
- Academic degree in Business Administration or Accounting/Finance
- Strong understanding of European Regulatory Rule Book, CoRep capital returns and of Basel 3 advanced and standardized ruleset.
- Relevant working experience in the financial services industry (preferably regulatory reporting).
- Proven ability to perform ad hoc analyses on datasets, draw themes & key issues and communicate findings.
- Attention to detail and time management are essential skills for this role. In addition the candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills are required and the candidate must work well in a team environment within a local and global team.
- Business fluency in English (German beneficial).
- Strong computing skills, especially Microsoft Office (Excel).
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.