Budapest Treasury and Capital Planning Lead - Executive Director
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- As being part of a global team, active involvement in firm-wide projects and initiatives
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Lead the Budapest Treasury and Capital Planning team and be responsible for the day to day management, strategy and development of the team
- Partner with global stakeholders across Treasury and Capital Planning to drive and deliver the global agenda and ensure each functional area is operating as intended
- Develop relationships with various stakeholders across the Firm including wider finance and risk management to interpret regulations and reporting instructions to ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Deliver local management initiatives and act as a leadership role model as part of the Budapest Finance management team
- Be a culture carrier for the Firm and lead Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Mentor and develop junior talent
- Represent Budapest Treasury and Capital Planning at the Global Treasury Operating Committee chaired by the Firm Treasurer
- Be responsible for enhancing and streamlining existing processes by leveraging technology solutions and challenging the status quo
- Understand global financial markets and how they impact the department and wider Firm
- Be responsible for managing a team, not only allocating and reviewing the team members’ monthly deliverables but supporting the professional development by providing the right tasks and opportunities for them
- Provide ad hoc support with global Treasury projects
- Good working knowledge of Corporate Treasury, e.g. capital, liquidity or funding. Previous working experience in these areas beneficial (directly or via consulting/regulatory roles)
- Experience of managing and developing a large team of resources (~50 employees)
- In-depth experience as a leader in the industry beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of financial markets, regulation and products
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with teams across both local offices and globally
- Proficient analytical capabilities, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure when confronted with tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Good understanding of IT and systems
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Fluency in English
- CFA or equivalent is a plus
Corporate Treasury seeks to optimize shareholder value by providing effective management of Morgan Stanley's liquidity, funding and capital resources working in close partnership with our key internal and external stakeholders. Treasury's policies and strategy are formed, in large part, by the regulatory landscape in which Morgan Stanley currently operates.
The Budapest Treasury and Capital Planning team consists of teams split across functional areas including Liquidity Planning, Capital Planning and Management, Treasury Capital Markets, Asset Liability Management including Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB), Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP), Non-market risk, governance and operations. The Budapest team partners with other global Treasury teams to work on regulatory deliverables (e.g. capital and liquidity adequacy assessments), materials for senior management/governance committees, and analysis and forecasts for Treasury metrics (e.g. drivers of funding usage). The majority of global Treasury reporting is centralized within the Budapest team.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.huor LinkedInfor more information.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.