Senior Consultant / Manager, (Resiliency & Business Continuity Management), Business Consulting
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As part of our Resiliency and business continuity team, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant / Manager within the Resiliency and business continuity team, you will participate in and supervise multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. Engagements focus on the advisory services in development, implementation or assessment on the client’s resiliency, crisis management and business continuity capability, strategies and solutions; including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of respective procedures. This also includes plan and conduct a mock-business continuity exercises to test the client’s adequacy of existing plans and strategies.
You will serve as a fieldwork leader to assist clients in employing proper resiliency, crisis management and business continuity measures, resources, and solutions to minimize risk.
You will work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance their resiliency and business continuity capability.
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop project plan, work program, timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Work with the engagement team to develop resiliency, crisis management or business continuity framework, plan, programme and capability as per client’s requirements.
- Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of resiliency, crisis management and business continuity management subject.
- Use knowledge of the current business environment, leading practices (i.e. ISO 22316, ISO 22301, BS 11200 and other standards as applicable) and industry trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Creative and proactive in developing new ideas, innovation for team development and client deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of assignments as project lead
To qualify for the role you must have
- A recognized university degree in accounting, business, information technology, or other relevant discipline with 5-7 years of working experiences
- A minimum of 3 years of exposure in Business Continuity Management industry
- Experience in all key Business Continuity Management disciplines
- Experience as a business/ IT auditor or business/ IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry will be an advantage
- Reasonable understanding of Operational risk and resilience, Business Process improvement methods as well as risk related control frameworks and practices (COCO, COSO, ISO, ITIL, CMM, COBIT, etc.)
- Reasonable understanding of business process, services and supporting IT environment on the public and private sector.
- Knowledge of IT and Operations Audit methodology
- Understanding of the Operational Risk Management methodology
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to be on-call and to occasionally work beyond normal business hours when required, in order to meet urgent client or EY requirements
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Other skillset in technology or IT risk will be a high advantage (i.e. IT general controls review, infrastructure review, application controls review, and cybersecurity review)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- BCI, ISO PMI, CCSA, CISA, CA, CBCP, CCSP, ISC, ITIL CA, CISA, CISM, CIA
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.