Associate / Director - Regulatory Reporting
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators.
- 2+ years of experience in regulatory reporting production, review and submission.
- Demonstrated experience in regulatory reporting production, review and submission.
- Strong relevant U.S. regulatory reporting knowledge.
- Strong communication skills, clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in using regulatory and financial reporting systems such as Regulus and Axiom.
- Strong team player, with ability to manage deliverables on tight deadlines.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution.
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves.
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills.
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment.
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent specialization in Finance stream.
- Preferred 2+ years finance experience in the financial services industry (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
- Regulatory and compliance knowledge with financial background and risk management is a plus.
- Big 4 accounting experience preferable