People Advisory Services - Global Equity - Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Managing global workforces is increasingly complex. People Advisory Services (PAS) builds and improves organizational and individual performance, delivering a highly complex and challenging mission, especially in an ever changing working environment. As a member of PAS, you’ll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment. When you join us you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors and geographies and have the opportunity to take your career in the direction you want.
Our PAS Mobility practice provides services to manage the cost and risks involved in HR plans, programs and systems related to a global workforce. We advise the part of business strategy related to people. As a Global Equity Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work with global clients to address their most complex people challenges, and ultimately improve and drive sustainable business results.
Your key responsibilities
With the Global Equity team, you’ll join a talented group of professionals that provide that provide small, mid-size and large clients with compliance and advisory services on tax implications related to global share incentive programs. Our capabilities include complex cross border tax calculations covering various share incentive vehicles, global equity tax and payroll advisory services, process improvements and design related services with regards to global share incentive programs, and large global due diligence projects involving various countries and applicable tax implications for these programs.
As a key resource on large-scale global equity related projects, you should be able to deliver quality client service, deliver insightful solutions and balance multiple priorities. You will also be expected to have excellent communication skills, integrate into and lead new teams, and manage end-to-end global projects. Directly engaging our clients is vital, be ready to question and negotiate to provide results.
Skills and attributes for success
- Successful delivery of global equity projects - demonstrate technical excellence and business driven approach to solving complex challenges
- Generate revenue by identifying follow-on engagement opportunities and developing lasting relationships with clients; identify potential risks and opportunities to improve processes and acquire new business; contribute to pursuit activities by preparing proposals and delivering presentations
- Lead project work streams from planning to implementation - manage project resources and budgets effectively while overseeing multiple engagements simultaneously
- Influence clients and stakeholders to gain support for major change initiatives and/or decisions
- Manage, coach, and develop junior resources and peers, focusing on technical and client service skills to develop careers
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA or JD/LLM preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in expatriate tax or payroll: Big 4, global management consultancy firm, niche consultancy or in-house role with exposure to large-scale projects
- US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or active state bar membership
- Understanding of automated tax-processing systems, as well as tax laws
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, able to confidently influence colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong analytical and data management skills and the ability to convert complex data into meaningful strategic insights
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Global accounting or payroll experience
- IT background - implementation focus and effective roll out of implementation plans
What we look for
Professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities with the confidence to speak up with their own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas are what we seek. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused mobility team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.