Financial Reporting Manager – Contract Role - Remote Opportunity
We are looking to expand our team of financial accounting and reporting experts with candidates preferring flexible work arrangements in a virtual world.
This position will involve supporting the financial reporting team within Grant Thornton. The candidate should have a background in the financial services industry, particularly Asset Management, and understand structures and processes associated with financial operations which affect this sector.
This role will suit an individual who is willing and open to either working as part of a team or performing standalone work with minimal supervision. The candidate should be able to work in a way that suits best with our client and will be responsible for managing client portfolios or contributing to work streams as part of broader projects.
During the period of contract with Grant Thornton, manager contractor responsibilities include:
- Working with either the team or clients to prepare and review financial statements under IFRS, US GAAP, and other reporting standards;
- Working with either the team or clients to optimize several business functions, this may include projects relating to the financial statement process, review and remediation of business processes and short term interim staffing assignments working to ensure deadlines are met;
- Demonstrate expertise in the preparation or review of financial statements on complex and specialised areas;
- Reports to project manager and provide status updates as to the progress of the assignment;
- Managing different deliverables simultaneously and ensure deadlines are met;
- Building strong relationships with a team or client representatives;
- Liaison with clients/auditors, where required.
- You will identify, track and resolve issues that arise on your projects and perform analysis to determine root causes for issues and proposed solutions to the team or client
- Asset Management experience including business or technical portfolio management and analysis will be vital in this role
Skills and Attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification;
- Minimum 4-year PQE, at least 2-year experience in the asset management industry;
- Experienced in financial services industry mainly asset management sector either directly or through practice;
- Financial reporting role experience or audit experience of large companies, multinational entities dealing with financial instruments;
- Proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of reporting standards mainly IFRS & US GAAP and basic knowledge of Irish GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP, or other reporting standards;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry;
- Strong knowledge in a variety of funds types/structures such as mutual funds, UCITs, ICAVs, Private Equity, REITs, and SPVs is an advantage;
- Strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications, high proficiency in excel – is an advantage;
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of technical developments while dealing with financial statements preparation
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others, promotes strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing skills; and
- SAP, ERP, and other financial reporting tools experience – desirable
Why join us?
We recognize personal commitments are as important as our client service delivery. Therefore, we are offering flexible working arrangement to help you balance your home and work life.
- Negotiable flexible contract for up to 9 months
- Remote work from home or office-based
- Gain experience in the financial services industry
- Highly competitive remuneration package