"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Group Finance is part of the Financial Services Division and provides financial support to the Board, other business units (BU’s) and the Group’s shareholders.
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Property, Marketing, Strategy, Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end-to-end finance functions for these businesses, and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation.
The purpose of the role is to provide finance support to Group Legal & Governance and Group Marketing & Corporate Affairs.
You will own the day-to-day finance operations and regular deliverables.
Do work that matters
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Month end: delivery of month end processing, reconciliations and half and full year results for Group Legal & Governance and Group Marketing & Corporate Affairs portfolios
- Management reporting: successfully complete monthly submissions to Group Finance, and report the monthly result to senior business stakeholders across the Group Legal & Governance and Group Marketing & Corporate Affairs portfolio
- Financial control: accuracy and attention to detail with a mindset to continuously improve and maintain a strong financial control environment
- Business partnering: work closely with the core team to track performance and milestones, and apply financial and accounting acumen to assist with decision making including engaging SMEs within Group Finance where required
- Decision support: review balance sheet and P&L and constructively challenge assumptions where required
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification
- Tertiary Qualifications – hold a tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, or an equivalent business-related discipline
- Experience in financial accounting and management accounting
- Commercial acumen and strong analytical skills
- High levels of motivation and resilience
- Excellent customer & continuous improvement focus
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- High degree of competence in MS Excel
Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 20/02/2022For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.