Government & Public Sector - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Senior
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Our Government & Public Sector-Financial Accounting Advisory Services (GPS-FAAS) team is growing exponentially, and as a senior, you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working across all Federal GPS sector service lines and interacting with our clients, you’ll develop your career by communicating and providing expertise around data integrity that can provide improved insight within the accounting, finance, governance, and regulatory space. It’s all about understanding the business processes and data flow to provide a truly exceptional experience for our clients.
Your key responsibilities
The nature of this role means that you will be recognized as a primary day-to-day contact for our clients. That means you’ll need to understand how our client’s data integrity and quality allow for more reliable reporting. You’ll also develop your knowledge by learning about current issues, profession, and business developments relevant to the client’s industry, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and expertise with team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Consulting with clients on data integrity, and improving data quality
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business discipline, supported by 3 years of progressive post baccalaureate work experience with Federal US GAAP
- Pursing a CPA certification
- Experience with any of the following: preparation or auditing of Federal financial statements, operations research, advanced data analytics knowledge, exploratory data mining and data visualization
- Strong technical writing skills and
- A deep understanding of the objectives of Federal financial management, as well as commonly used terminology, processes and tools
- A proven record of excellence when managing, mentoring and improving a team of high-performing colleagues
- The confidence to assess risk and provide well thought out solutions
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher
The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally you’ll also have
- US CPA licensure in your work state
- CGFM and/or CDFM
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical accounting experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news
ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.