Senior - Tax and Finance Operate (TFO)/Global Operations - Tax Global Delivery
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NEW YORK, WASHINGTON DC, BOSTON, PHILADELPHIA, ATLANTA, MINNEAPOLIS, DALLAS, HOUSTON, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES
Senior – Tax and Finance Operate (TFO)/Global Operations – Tax Global Delivery
EY’s Tax and Finance Operate (TFO) practice serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. Our TFO practice provides the processes, technology and people for functional outsourcing, enabled by leading-edge technology and client platforms. Our quality service and technical network across 150+ countries enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their tax and finance functions. We believe that by managing clients’ tax obligations we can make a critical difference and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our TFO/GO team works with clients to manage their global accounting and tax obligations proactively and responsibly. Our services including global bookkeeping, statutory accounting and reporting, direct tax compliance and accounting, indirect tax compliance, payroll and tax controversy.
TFO/GO is supported by our industry-leading Global Tax Platform (GTP) which is redefining how accounting and tax operates and how we serve our clients. It is technology enabling enhanced tax services to better support the evolving needs of our clients.
We operate as advisors to our client’s Finance and Tax leaders and play this critical role as their managed services provider. Our high growth practice attracts the interest of our largest, most complex clients as well as mid-market clients looking to focus their accounting and tax resources on other priorities.
Mentored by nationally recognized professionals, including the firm’s most senior talent, you’ll be trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our stakeholder’s and play a critical role in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
Your role as senior will focus on establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels while working to consistently deliver exceptional client service across the global record-to-report and direct tax life-cycle processes. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Global delivery of end-to-end direct tax processes including data gathering, tax accounting, tax compliance, tax reconciliations and tax controversy.
- Supporting the full engagement life cycle of global record-to-report managed services engagement including:
- Solution design and scoping
- Project management of implementation including mobilizing global cross-functional teams
- Service management of delivery to client
- Commercial management of contract, billing and change management
- Technology deployment and maintenance
- Managing data operations and data analytics
- Deliver value by sharing global accounting and tax developments, insights and market trends
Skills and attributes for success:
- Teaming across service lines, technical specialties and geographical boundaries to deliver exceptional client service
- Mobilizing global delivery capability and standardized process implementation
- Managing the operating governance structure and reporting protocols including ongoing service management and commercial management
- Managing data acquisition processes and protocols, assessing data quality, and defining fit-gap analysis of data to EY toolset
- Managing technology/workflow with the information from each service line to provide consolidated view
- Monitoring progress, managing risk, maximizing operational efficiencies and making sure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of four years of related work experience (e.g. accounting firm, international or regional tax experience).
- Valid US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or active state bar membership or progress toward certification.
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills as well as a strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail and an entrepreneurial approach to work.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements.
- Strong proficiency and a high level of comfort working with new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to lead global virtual and on-site teams, mentor counselees and manage client-serving business.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
- Take ownership of tasks and have the proper judgment to make critical decisions.
- Have a strong ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Coach/mentor junior team members to help EY continue to build an inclusive culture and high-performing team.
The salary range for this position in Denver is: $59,700 - $99,600
The salary range for this position in Hartford is: $62,900 - $104,900
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is: $59,700 - $99,600
The salary range for this position in Stamford is: $72,400 - $120,600
What we offer:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.