MUMBAI, Management Sales Risk Admin- Vice president
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The primary business of MSFS is to provide fund administration services to hedge funds, family office and private equity fund clients. Morgan Stanley Fund Services (“MSFS”) has offices in New York, London, Dublin, Hong Kong, Glasgow, Bengaluru and Mumbai and has over 1300 employees globally.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in the United States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- StratumSM, investor transparency reporting
Background on the Team
The MSFS Risk team is the Business Unit risk management team for the global MSFS business. This team is the first line of defense for the business and helps manage operational, regulatory and conduct risk for the division.
The primary role of the team is to protect the business and remediate risks that arise in due course. The team initiates and/or drives a number of focused projects and control measures. These will range from structured projects and initiatives arising from operational risk incidents escalated to ad hoc initiatives that are likely to be one off or intermittently run based on the focus of the business.
- Record and analyse the operational risk issues escalated by the business unit
- Work with global MSFS teams for risk mitigation and adding controls for process gaps identified
- Tracking and pushing forward technology remediation associated with risk issues
- Prepare monthly operational risk metrics pack for senior management
- Review scenarios identified for risk clearance – e.g. 3rd party cash wires, late investor orders, bespoke client requests
- Work with global client facing teams relating to cyber security incidents - information breach, identity theft, data leakage and escalate to Fraud Ops, Tech Risk and Legal teams as appropriate
- Review the monthly business unit information security officer (BUISO) metrics dashboard and identify areas that may need remediation
- Annual Risk Controls Self Assessment (RCSA) exercise in co-ordination with Firm groups
- Annual Business Continuity Plan (BCP) exercise in co-ordination with global teams and Firm groups
- Conduct risk and refresher trainings for new employees in Asia covering MSFS compliance manual, MSFS e-communications policy, employee trading policy and information security
- Host the daily global risk calls, weekly global risk committee meetings, post launch client review meetings and other business meetings as required
Skills required (essential)
- Chartered Accountant or Master’s in Business Management or similar professional with 7-10 years background in Risk Management (any non market risk, operational risk or similar faculty)
- Exposure to Hedge Funds Industry or Fund Administration business will be an added advantage
- Strong motivation, be a self-starter with a positive outlook and desire to solve problems
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
- Ability to identify and escalate issues effectively and appropriately
- Good organizational skills and a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to clearly articulate objectives, requirements, risks and issues
- Proven ability to take ideas forward and to challenge others with integrity and maturity
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Enthusiasm to volunteer or lead planning and organizing in events held by the department and firm
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.