Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career ? a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm?s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanleys various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanleys various businesses and its senior management team.
The Tax Department reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 200 employees worldwide. The Tax Department is responsible for global tax compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the Firm.
- Assisting in providing technical advice on positions to be adopted from direct tax and GST perspective on business transactions
- Assisting in direct tax compliances viz. review of advance tax computations, corporate tax returns, various direct tax related forms, tax audit / TP accountant report, etc.
- Assisting in maintaining supporting documents / position papers from direct tax and GST assessment perspective
- Monitor GST compliances (periodic returns and refund filings), intimate due date in advance and ensure that GST returns deadlines are not missed by co-ordinating with FCG team
- Assist team members in compilation of details on direct tax, service tax and GST audits / litigations
- Assisting in review of direct tax, service tax and GST related assessment and litigation submissions
- Keep himself / herself updated on changes to both direct tax & GST rule / regulations, judicial precedents for impact analysis
- The candidate should be a Chartered Accountant.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills in both written and spoken