Fund Administrator (m/f/d), Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Fund Administrator who will join our Financial Reporting team in Zurich, Switzerland.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Administrator you will
- Review first draft of audited annual and unaudited interim financial statements from trial balance, including profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flow, schedule of investments and notes to financial statements
- Coordinate distribution of financial statements; assemble financial statements draft, all supporting documentation and calculations in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Review and disseminate quarterly Swiss National Bank Statistics
- Prepare and/or accumulate complete and accurate audit work papers for accuracy and sufficiency and liaise with auditors during ordinary fund audit period
- Prepare and review recommended fund income and gain distributions inclusive preparation of tax applications
- Prepare ESTV tax schedules following the specific Swiss guidelines
- Liaise with the responsible client quality and product managers to pass on new reporting requirements
- Train, coach and instruct junior staff in the department
- Support and actively participate in project meetings of assigned projects especially in the evaluation of a new regulatory reporting tool
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, keep attention to detail and understand client, regulatory and audit environments
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented group with peak period workflow
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Team player strengths with precise and thorough working style
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Completed commercial apprenticeship, completed university degree or comparable education with focus on financial industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of fund accounting conventions and its techniques
- Some years of work experience related to custody, fund accounting or fund administration/services
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge and interest in IT
- Fluency in German and advanced knowledge of English
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.