Tax Services Manager - Financial Services Organization - Wealth and Asset Management
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
EY’s FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialized tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the asset management industry. You would join our tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialized facets of hedge fund, private equity fund and mutual fund taxation, including fund and organizational structuring, tax minimization planning, on-call advice, and tax compliance.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager in our Wealth & Asset Management practice, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You would work on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will manage tax compliance accounts for hedge funds and or private equity funds. You will review extensive securities analysis, make appropriate tax adjustments, and provide sign-off for the production and delivery of K-1’s and partnership tax returns. You will be responsible for reviewing partnership agreements and private placement memorandums for tax implications of items such as book and tax allocations, stuffing provisions, management and incentive fees as well as run the day to day activities on the accounts that are spread across various locations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Solid technical knowledge - you will have to review partnership book/tax allocations including aspect such as incentive fee re-allocation, side pocket, transfer partnership interest, fill up/down
- The ability to teach or assist in firm in - house trainings
- Ability to analyze trading reports for tax character and book tax differences, such as wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, and other securities issues.
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationship with firm leadership
- Create a positive and trusting environment where team members know each other and feel a part of their team
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the partner or senior manager – and consult when necessary
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience; or an advanced degree in tax or law and a minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- CPA license or a licensed Attorney is required or the ability to achieve either within a one year from hire date
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in the financial services industry
- Familiarity with the financial services industry gained through direct involvement with managed investment vehicles
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and training others
What we look for
Hard working team player who is comfortable partnering with others as well as working independently. Detailed oriented performer who can multi-task and meet deadlines. Open mindedness and creative solutions to the job every day.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.