Senior Project Accounting Analyst
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Business Finance team is responsible for analysis of financial reports, trends, risks and opportunities. We gather, interpret and evaluate financial information, including past financial data and short- to long-term financial forecasts. Project Accounting as a part of the Business Finance team acts as finance analyst/controller for key Motorola system implementation projects in Europe, Africa and Middle East region. The team works independently with project managers having responsibility over overall project financials.
The purpose of the role is to support project accounting activities, financial data analysis and reporting and at the same time improvement of the process. The role gives the opportunity to understand how our company operates and improve your analytical skills and take part in the creation of a new way of working.
- Data analysis and reporting & process improvements
- Analyzing existing project accounting processes, implementing improvements, leading new initiatives,
- Perform financial data analysis to ensure that project is correctly tracked for Profit and Loss actual and forecast, invoicing and cash collection status,
- Supporting projects maintenance with reference to the contract, Motorola Accounting Policies, US GAAP, statutory requirements and SOX controls. Ensure that this is applied throughout the life of the project,
- Working with the project manager Create profit improvement and cost reduction plans that will be continually monitored, processed and updated,
- Monitor activities from other operational organization in relationship to project accounting (Bid and Quote, Engineering), cooperating with other departments to resolve cross-functional matters and improve processes,
- Initiate different/new ways of working, propose system solutions,
- Constantly seeking opportunities to improve processes and outcomes to meet team's goals and success metrics,
- Being responsible for accurate Profit and Loss accounting and Balance Sheet position,
- Preparing and posting various Journal Entries,
- Monthly, quarterly reporting.
- At least 4 years of finance experience - Project Accounting will be an asset,
- University degree in Finance or Accounting,
- Understanding of financial metrics, specifically: revenue, costs, and cash,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to details,
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with Finance and non-Finance staff at various levels,
- Process Improvement experience required
- Excellent Excel skills - G-Sheets will be an asset,
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Tableau will be an asset,
- Excellent English (spoken, written), candidate is able to hold project specific discussions with project team and occasionally with external parties (customer, vendors),
- Good time and tasks management skills, ability to work under time pressure,
- Self-starter & Team player
- Challenge status quo mindset, “Can do” attitude, energy and enthusiasm.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way.
Also, to reward your work you’ll get:
- Employee Pension Plan (PPE)
- Competitive salary package,
- Strong team-oriented culture,
- Flexible working hours,
- Contract of employment,
- Private medical & dental coverage,
- Life insurance,
- Comfortable work conditions (high class offices, parking space),
- Trainings and broad development opportunities,
- Volleyball field and grill place next to the office,
- Lots of sport activities as Moto football league, Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, e-gaming league etc.,
- Access to wellness facilities and integration events,
- Motorola Solutions is supporting CSR activities and encourages employees to participate.