General Ledger and Compliance Specialist
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Motorola Solutions Finance Operations Center (F.O.C.) provides world-class finance, accounting and purchasing services to Motorola branches in Europe, Middle East, Africa, US and Latin America region. It is a dynamic environment where your ideas and input will be valued and where you will do some of the best work of your life.
General Ledger department is in charge of General Accounting, Global Fixed Assets & Intercompany Operations and Statutory & Compliance activities for Motorola’s entities in the region.
- Working on regular month end close activities
- Preparation and processing of journal entries
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Review of entity Balance Sheets and P&Ls
- Gathering of data used by third party suppliers to prepare statutory accounts
- Providing base data into other internal and external reports or preparing some of those reports
- Help with standardization of accounting processes across sites
- Working with auditors and answering audit queries
- Working closely with other GL teams and teams outside of the Department
- Ensuring documentation of all processes is in place
- Highlighting any suggested process improvements or issues to Team Leader / GL Manager
- Other ad hoc tasks as determined by the GL Manager/Team Lead / Senior Statutory Accountants
- Minimum 1 year of experience in General Ledger
- Accounting education - University degree in Accounting or Finance or similar accounting educational background
- Good practical understanding of accounting and accounting principles, proven by previous experience
- Good command of English, ability to communicate in written and spoken English with teams both internal and external to Motorola
- Strong MS Excel knowledge, including functions and data manipulation (pivots, vlookups, etc.)
- Google Suite knowledge (Google Sheets, Google Mail) a plus
- Experience in using Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) General Ledger module or similar ERP package an advantage
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Tableau an advantage
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, well-organized
- Customer-oriented and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced and multinational work environment
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Competitive salary package
- Strong team-oriented culture
- Flexible working hours
- Contract of employment
- Comfortable work conditions (high class offices, parking space)
- Volleyball field and grill place next to the office
- Lots of sports activities such as Moto football league, Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, e-gaming league etc.
- Private medical & dental coverage
- Life insurance
- 8 hours working day (30 minutes lunch break included)
- Access to wellness facilities and integration events
- Trainings and broad development opportunities
- Motorola Solutions is supporting CSR activities and encourages employees to participate