IFS NAV Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Hedge Fund Accounting professional to join our team. The role is responsible for assisting the Officer/AVP in preparing /reviewing all funds within their group, managing a group of A1/A2s, responsible for on the job training and development of their staff members, and acting as the main point of contact for internal teams and external clients and auditors.
The candidate will gain exposure to many client relationship management aspects with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Hedge Fund Accounting – Senior Associate you will
Net Asset Value Operations:
- Coordinating workflow and completing detailed preparation/review of Daily/Weekly/Monthly NAV pack, which includes:
- Review cash and position reconciliations, validate portfolio pricing
- Income and expense accrual
- Partner/shareholder allocation calculations
- Analysis of fund returns and performance in line with current market trends and projections
- Other Ad Hoc reports as needed
- Keeping abreast of new accounting standards and ensuing compliance on all accounts within the team
- Implementing on the job training initiatives and ensuring consistent coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Evaluate staffing needs while continually striving for greater efficiencies.
- Ensure all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as make improvements where necessary.
- Assisting the process of client migration, new business/clients onboarding.
- Participate in other special projects or tasks where required.
Client Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with Investment Managers, brokers, auditors and all other fund participant by tackling queries, delivering NAV related reports, etc. via phone/email.
- Pro-actively identify/ensure understanding of client’s needs and coordinate internally to support the client’s requirements.
- Provide solutions and/or to coordinate support to resolve client issues.
Staff Management (Applicable for FLM only):
- Supervise subordinate staff on a daily basis.
- Lead by example and support employee development and growth.
- Coordinate performance planning including goal setting, regular feedback and performance appraisals.
- Escalate employee complaints and concerns.
- This role requires strong communication, staff management and client serving skills as well relevant industry experience.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills are required including report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to prioritise tasks and perform effectively within strict deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools in particular MS Excel.
- Confident in dealing with difficult situations and be able to create innovative solutions to problems without a high degree of supervision.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Professional accounting or finance qualification and/or Master’s degree a plus.
- 2-4 years working experience in accounting / financial services related environment.
- Strong client relationship experience preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.