AML Compliance Officer
About KPMG in Malta:
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients' clear choice, employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 145 countries. KPMG is th largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
Our Quality and Risk Management function provides guidance and information to professionals across the firm to support our emphasis on quality, protect the brand and reputation of KPMG as well as to minimise and mitigate professional risks. We are seeking to recruit a professional to augment our Quality and Risk Management team.Our function sets out policies and processes designed to help our professionals perform their work effectively in line with our legal, regulatory and professional requirements. The AML compliance officer will assist and support this important function of the Firm.
- Process of accepting new clients as well as performing client re-evaluation in line with our Global Quality and Risk Management policies;
- Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures; and
- Assessment of internal controls and procedures.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic, who has a keen interest and basic understanding in anti-money laundering (AML) and risk management principles in line with the Maltese AML Regulations.
The preferred candidate for this position will be a professional with a:
- Minimum one year working in the field of anti-money laundering/risk management;
- Good educational background;
- High standard of written and spoken business English;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building qualities; and
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.