Core Operations, Corporate Actions Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
A vacancy exists for the position of a Corporate Actions Senior Associate on the Ireland Corporate Actions Team. Reporting to the officer on the Corporate Actions team, the candidate will be responsible for managing Corporate Actions across all clients in a busy and challenging environment. The candidate will gain exposure to all Corporate Action event types and it is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
You will be responsible for
- Engage our Outsourcing Service Providers (OSP) to ensure client satisfaction is met
- Perform a high level review of Corporate Action events manually posted by our OSPs
- Collate and review KPI/KRI of our OSPs and to discuss issues on weekly and monthly calls
- Actively monitor and resolve escalated queries from other departments to avoid impact to the NAV
- Participate in client new business take-on requests
- Ensure both internal and external client satisfaction by effectively dealing with any issues that arise within the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in business transformation projects that will minimize waste, improve efficiency (either existing or new issues)
- Actively participate in any auditing process to achieve a high rating during review
- Ensure Daily tasks assigned to the Corporate Action team are actively monitored and achieved
- Participate in continuous review to ensure a high standard of Standard Operating Procedures are in place.
- Bring any employee relations issues to the attention of management
- Organise and attend team and manager meetings or arrange conference calls as required
- Coaching of both new and experienced staff members
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.