Alternatives Operations, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Leader in Alternatives Fund Administration Services to support a large, global middle office client. This VP will be responsible for all of the day to day operations of the Alternative Funds and Private Equity Funds, including oversight and work review of an off shore team. The VP is often involved in leading projects for the department and communicates with both internal and external clients. The VP is accountable for ensuring processes and controls are in place to mitigate risk for the organization and for providing direction to the off shore teams.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Transactions processing and settlements – handholding of tickets and manual directives.
- Calculation and processing of recurring payments (interest, principal and fees) for whole loans, private loans and distressed assets.
- Verification and manual instruction of recurring payments (interest, principal and fees) for financing lines of credits.
- Confirmations of receipts or deliveries of payments.
- Remittance reports reviews and reconciliations.
- Verification of expense reimbursements.
- Counterparty real estate loans reconciliations.
- Joint venture vendors’ financial reports reconciliations.
- Fees amortization.
- Sweeps of cash collateral balances.
- Fund performance reconciliations and attribution analysis.
- Daily, MTD and YTD P&L reconciliations.
- Daily custody cash reconciliations.
- Monthly accounting market values reconciliations.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong client service skills
- The ability to act globally
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in business, finance, accounting or economics.
- At least 5 years of industry experience. 1) In-depth knowledge in the following: Fixed income and alternative investments accounting and 2) Securities operations and investment manager middle or back-office operations
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively bring individuals from multiple areas together to resolve identified issues.
- Computer proficient, including spreadsheet (MS Excel) and database applications skills.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.