Executive/AM, Accounting and Corporate Reporting Advisory
Financial Services Accounting Advisory Executive/Assistant Manager – FS Advisory - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons:
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed:
You’ll be an Assistant Manager or Executive in the Financial Services Accounting and Corporate Reporting Advisory team where you’ll play a key role in supporting this team’s Senior Managers and Managers in ensuring that we continue to deliver quality to our clients. The accounting and corporate reporting advice and support that we provide clients spans accounting change (IFRS 9, 16 and 17, interest rate benchmark reform and transition between frameworks), group reorganisations and structuring of transactions to achieve a desired accounting outcome, financial instruments accounting and reporting, climate and corporate reporting and other aspects of accounting, including training.
This position is ideal for a technically strong individual at Assistant Manager/Executive level, who has experience of financial services from either a client-facing or technical specialist background and who wishes to maximise their potential and the breadth of their experience in a growing professional services firm.
- Delivering accounting and corporate reporting advisory engagements in the required timeframe as agreed with the client.
- Being a point of contact with members of client teams, including working collaboratively with these contacts on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring projects are well managed and commercially viable by working effectively and efficiently and supporting Senior Managers and Managers in billing clients promptly.
- Keeping Senior Managers and Managers abreast of their progress, including escalating of issues and challenges in a timely manner.
- Supporting the realising of opportunities through marketing and development of thought leadership, publications, methodologies and other collateral.
- Developing subject matter expertise on technical accounting and corporate reporting matters.
- When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far.
- Professional qualification ACA or ACCA or equivalent
- Ability to deliver complex accounting and corporate reporting advisory engagements, including evidencing planning, execution and completing a diverse range of projects that adhere to firm policy on quality
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage and manage a number of stakeholders
- Efficient and effective time management and organisation skills
- Experience of delivery of accounting and corporate reporting advice with clients across the financial services sector, particularly banks and / or insurers
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant technical standards (IFRSs and UK GAAP) and relevant laws and regulations, such as the Companies Act
We’re in it together:
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future:
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy:
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.