MSFS, Investor Services Representative - Client facing team, Associate
Morgan Stanley Fund Services is committed to providing the highest standard of services to the funds that we administer. Investor Services lies at the heart of this commitment.
The Investor Services team is charged with providing a best in class service to both our clients and their investors. The role of an Investor Services Representative is key to meeting this goal.
- Responsibilities of an Investor Services Representative include:
- Providing day-to-day investor services to both the Fund Manager and the investors in the fund.
- Meeting the delivery of services to clients against a pre-agreed service level agreement.
- Keeping line management appraised of operational issues in a timely manner.
- Act as a primary contact point for fund investors.
- Working with the Senior IS Representative and the IS Team leader, act as a contact point to the fund manager for investor related information.
- All communication with investors and fund managers must be professional and compliant with the Firm’s communication policies.
- Provide authorised parties with copies of fund investment documentation.
- Open new investor accounts ensuring compliance with the fund documentation, anti-money laundering requirements, statutory regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Process investor transactions in line with the fund documentation, anti-money laundering requirements, statutory regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Process the cash movements associated with investor activity.
- Overall, ensure that activity in their work queue is processed in a timely and accurate manner. IS Representatives are responsible for escalating to their Team Leader situations where such activity cannot be processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide investors and their nominees with statements, contract notes and other documentation.
- Handle queries from investors and fund managers in a professional and prompt manner, escalating where appropriate.
- Ensuring that the records of the fund are maintained in a complete and organised manner.
- Produce MIS and other internal operational reports that assist in the effective operation of the team.
- Ensure that line management are made aware of any client or operational issues in a timely manner. This will include escalating for action as well as escalating for information.
- This role has particular responsibility for the additional level of review of activity entered by fellow team members. It is essential that this review is carried out diligently and in line with fund documentation.
- All of the above should be carried out in compliance with the Service Level Agreements agreed with each client.
Investor servicing requires compliance with a range of policies. The Investor Services Representative should have:
- A working knowledge of the offering documentation for the funds being serviced.
- A working knowledge of the regulations that pertain to the domicile of the fund being serviced.
- A working knowledge of our internal policies and procedures. Particular emphasis is required on all matters relating to Anti-Money laundering controls.
The Investor Services Representative plays an important role in the delivery of service to our clients. They also play a key role in maintaining our relationship with clients. The Investor Services Representative should;
- Have a good working relationship with the appropriate IS contact at the client.
- Have a solid understanding of the particular requirements of the client.
- Be responsive to client queries – including acknowledgment of receipt of requests.
- Always correspond with the client in a timely and professional manner.
The Investor Services Representative plays an important role in various IT and Operational Projects. These activities include:
- Identifying system enhancements that reduce operational risk, create operational efficiency or improve customer service.
- Participating in the key elements of the project life cycle (Specification, Testing and Operational Implementation).
- Participating in the inconversion of records from other administrators.
- Participating in data remediation projects.
- Participating in projects relating to fund restructurings or regulatory changes.
MSFS has implemented a sophisticated platform to support its operational and commercial services. Many MSFS procedures and controls are effected through this platform. Knowledge of this platform is a important competency for the Investor Services Representative. This knowledge should include:
- A working knowledge of the core processing and reporting functions.
- A working knowledge of how the systems inter-connect – both within the IS platform and across the broader MSFS platform.
- An understanding of high-level system parameters and the impact that they have on system processing.
- An understanding of how to respond to systems alerts and warnings.
Key Characteristics / Competencies
An Investor Services Representative is likely to have the following characteristics:
- A third-level qualification/college degree – preferably in a business or numerical discipline.
- An aptitude for client service.
- Good administrative and organisational skills with a particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to work under pressure and an ability to cope with increased workloads at month-end.
- An ability to work as part of focussed team.
- An ability to work as part of a global, distributed team.
- An ability to use key financial systems and other IT tools.
- Prior experience of investor servicing and/or a knowledge of hedge fund processing is a strong advantage.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employee
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.