GCC Projects Finance Data Office Sourcing Lead
The GCC project team is responsible for managing a considerable percentage of Finance’s technology spend, helping to deliver across a portfolio of projects including, Regulatory Capital, Leverage and Reporting, Financial Accounting and General Ledger renovation. The team is also front and centre of the Finance Process Model change and technology architecture discussions. The team delivers significant projects, primarily for Global Regulatory Controllers and Legal Entity Controllers.
The Glasgow project team was setup in August 2016 in order to support the growth of capital calculation and regulatory reporting functions. The team supports both UK and Global initiatives across Financial and Capital Reporting including CRRII, SACCR, FED, SEC, PRA & EBA reporting initiatives as well as FinRep, IFRS 9 and Recovery & Resolution Reporting.
The Data Sourcing Lead role is a new role within the Glasgow team and will form part of our Global Finance Data Office (FDO). As the Glasgow FDO footprint grows the Data Sourcing Lead will be responsible for a number of team members.
The Finance Data Office owns the Data Governance framework for the Finance Division. The FDO promotes best practices for data management with a focus on data quality while serving as Finance’s representative to the Firm on data matters through:
- Data Governance, facilitating Finance-wide data governance processes through the
Finance Data Governance Committee (DGC) including escalating and coordinating activities across Firmwide and other Divisional DGCs
- Issue Management, managing, monitoring and reporting on Finance data issues
- Strategic Data Sourcing managing sourcing of data to the Finance Data Warehouse (FDW) from the Firm’s data authorities and enabling the adoption of FDW data by Finance constituents.
The FDO is looking for a proven leader who is a self-starter able to balance the needs of following process with practicality to deliver value to our stakeholders. The ideal candidate understands data’s importance to Finance and is able to effectively work with various levels of business and technology stakeholders toward data goals.
Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:
- Support the build out of Finance Data Warehouse (FDW) as the primary source for Finance data by:
- Identifying and facilitating closure of data gaps needed for Finance prioritized processes
- Owning inventory of what is in FDW and if the data is fit for purpose by Finance consumers
- Manage team of 3 business analysts (employees and consultants).
- Data Sourcing
- Partner with controllers, project teams and upstream data owners to clarify new data requirements and to identify authoritative sources and controls while establishing and maintaining timelines for delivery.
- Work with IT and Business partners to source, test and sign off data
- Provide Data Analytics demonstrating quality and completeness for stakeholder consumption
- Determine and document upstream owners and controls of data
- Feed governance
- Propose new data through governance forums
- Liaise with data owners for sourcing agreements and understanding of data quality controls
- Liaise with data stewards and custodians of FDW data to agree best architecture for proposed data
- Finance’s compliance to data management standards
- Align with Global DGC data policies and FDW Controls framework
- Ensure compliance with defined policies and standards for FDW metadata management, change management and issues management
- Build artefacts to assist with new control changes, technology and process updates
- Subject Matter Expertise within existing Morgan Stanley role or business analysis background gained in the Financial Services Industry. Experience of Regulatory Capital projects such as CoRep or US equivalent reporting would be preferred but experience within the wider Regulatory Capital space would be considered.
- Knowledge of Investment Banking business and related products.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage to tight deadlines whilst balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, organisational and documentation skills with an ability to understand processes and key controls. Experienced in implementing change effectively to improve existing processes.
- Experience of data modeling and investigation with the ability to identify issues, develop and implement practical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to liaise with colleagues/clients of all levels.
- Highly numerate with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Experience of Microsoft Office and project management tools such as Excel, Project and Visio.
- Experience of investigating, summarising and presenting results in a meaningful format to clients and Senior Management.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management approaches such as Agile.
- Familiarity with data analytical tools such as Qlikview, Alteryx, etc
The following personal attributes are important for this role:
- Strong communicator
- Solid analytical skills
- Team worker
- Well organised
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.