EMEA Regulatory Reporting Production Accountant
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers. Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management.
Department: Finance, Finance Professional Services Centre (Manchester)
Reports to: EMEA Regulatory Reporting Production Manager – Belgium Team
The Regulatory Reporting Production Accountant will be responsible for the production of regulatory submissions for Belgium, including both external and internal monitoring deliverables.
The Belgium regulatory reporting team are part of the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre (FPSC), which is a team of finance professionals based in Manchester, which provides excellent financial services to the EMEA Controllers group of BNY Mellon. EMEA Controllers is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the EMEA legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment. It is part of the EMEA Finance department, which consists finance professionals spread across EMEA, plus offshore support in Chennai. The Regulatory Reporting Production team is the largest team within the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre responsible for producing internal and external regulatory reporting returns across multiple EMEA locations.
This role will be responsible for the production of multiple regulatory deliverables for Belgium, working with the Finance Controllers, Risk, Compliance and various functions across EMEA. Whilst the production of the delegated deliverables is the responsibility of this role, the overall oversight and accountability will remain with the relevant Finance Controller in each location.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Reporting – produce or assist in the production of high quality regulatory returns, analytics and MI in a timely fashion, ensuring that the EMEA region meets reporting deadlines and quality expectations.
- Oversight & Controls – maintain a strong operational control environment with well evidenced reviews, checklists and procedures.
- Stakeholder management – Work with market centre financial controller owners across the EMEA regions and other business areas particularly Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business Finance and business management in the production of regulatory returns and advisory work.
- Knowledge – Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, as well as maintain their knowledge of External Reporting requirements and procedures.
- Other – assist with the provision of regulatory support for relevant projects e.g. new regulatory reporting production requirements and platform migration, legal entity restructuring and new branches, new business start-ups and product launches. Perform other functions as required from time-to-time.
The Regulatory Reporting Production Accountant will be required to work closely with the following stakeholder teams:
- Finance Controllers
- Risk and Compliance functions
- Business units
- Legal team
- Part Qualified Accountant -- ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA Full Accreditation or with an equivalent level of experience
- Regulatory Reporting experience preferable
- Controls experience in a complex global environment
- Experience of accounting systems and processes (e.g. intermediate user of excel)
- Organized and structured working methodology, attention to detail and highly motivated
- Experience of a fast moving, highly controlled, multi-national/ functional organization
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.