Global Markets & Digital IT Audit Vice President
Who we are looking for
Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to grow along with a global industry leader? Are you passionate about using your technical knowledge to navigate complex business, operational and technology challenges? If so, then we may have the solution for you.
We are looking for a versatile and talented business professional interested in progressing their knowledge, skillset, and career through challenging stretch assignments in Corporate Audit. At State Street, our people are our most valuable — and valued — resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 29 countries and more than 30,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well equipped to reach their full potential. State Street’s Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology and/ or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Why this role is important to us
This role will be part of Corporate Audit’s Global Markets and Digital Audit teams, responsible for engagements that focus on business risk and related application technology within State Street Global Markets and State Street Digital. An ideal candidate will have a proven record of audit execution in accordance with IIA standards and industry best practices and hands on experience with application and technology audits. Working as part of a collaborative global team, the Global Markets & Digital IT Audit Vice President (VP) will provide leadership in audit execution over several simultaneous assurance engagements utilizing a risk-based audit approach. This includes providing oversight and guidance to team members in assessing the audit scope for IT coverage, managing relationships with the business, ensuring that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards and developing audit teams skillsets.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Global Markets & Digital IT Audit VP you will
- Maintain deep subject matter knowledge related to business line activities/ industry, regulatory, and technology risks and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects
- Support the execution of a risk-focused audit plan, review and approve audit work products to ensure thorough effective coverage and timely and effective escalation of issues and conclusions
- Develop and maintain influential relationships with senior and executive management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities
- Evidence strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and supervising, coaching and developing staff through timely meaningful feedback and on the job mentoring through the project lifecycle, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes.
- Participate in system and business process development projects with strategic corporate significance and provide input on operational and technological risk issues
- Strengthen internal control disciplines within the corporation by influencing relevant policies, promoting education/ understanding of control concepts
- Champion continuous improvement in the department
- Invest in your development by expanding, maintaining and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices, regulatory expectations, and subject matter
- Display a high degree of professionalism and leadership. Be able to manage complexity, multi-task and work independently in non-routine situations
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field, or its equivalent
- 9+ years of experience with assessment and testing of business and application controls and/ or IT general controls. Including 2+ years leading and supervising audit engagements. Experience in either public accounting or financial services internal audit preferred
- Strong analytical and project management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills as well as interest in developing as a leader within Corporate Audit
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- Experience in a few of the following preferred: blockchain and distributed ledger technology, cryptocurrency, custody of digital assets, tokenization, ITGC controls, technology consulting, system auditing, privacy, cyber-security, Public and Private Cloud, software development, financial processes and systems, large project systems integration, risk management, or data analytics.
- While majority of the time you will work from your primary locations, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.