SEASONAL - Tax Manager - Private Client Services - BTS - California, Texas - OPEN LOCATION
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Business is constantly evolving, and more than ever, staying competitive is all about identifying and adapting to change. Where there’s change, there’s risk, and our clients look to us for the authoritative experience and insights into strategic tax opportunities. As a Tax Manager, you’ll play a key role in that mission, providing tailored tax compliance and consulting for some of our most prestigious clients across all backgrounds.
Private Client Services (PCS) is a growing practice within EY, and you’ll see that growth reflected in your career. The team has a dedicated focus toward serving privately held companies and their owners and their families. These clients span from family owned businesses to private equity owned companies. One thing they all have in common is they are high growth private companies. As many companies choose to no longer go public, this is an ever increasing and exciting group of companies from start-up companies all the way to multi-billion-dollar global private enterprises. With a diverse portfolio of interesting and challenging work, you’ll make an impact on some of the most technically demanding tax planning and compliance projects around. You’ll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. This is an opportunity for cross-border and cross-functional teaming. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
Your key responsibilities:
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be managing various responsibilities, from technical planning and advising of clients that include private entities (including C-Corp, S-Corp and Partnerships) as well as high-profile individuals/families. That will make you a trusted advisor and role model for your clients and our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues. Whatever you find yourself doing, you’ll personally coach and develop a highly trained team, all while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Researching tax issues to develop effective tax planning strategies
- Open to all types of tax work from entity to individual
- Translating complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables
- Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
- Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and finest practice knowledge
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
- Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
To qualify for the role you must have, including deep experience in one or more technical tax areas:
- A bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax, business or financial planning experience
- A CPA certification or membership in The Bar
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- A thorough understanding of estate and wealth planning
- Experience with federal and state personal and trust taxation
- Experience with flow through entities (S-Corps, Partnerships, LLC’s)
- Experience with C-Corps including income tax provisions and consolidated federal and state tax returns
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- A thorough understanding of automated tax processing systems
- A commitment to continuing your learning
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A proven record in tax planning for owners and families
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for:
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from C-Suite executives to owners and their families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.