Experience Management Associate or Senior Associate - National Tax
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Experience Management (EM) team is committed to providing our people with relevant experiences to promote career development and growth. As an Experience Manager, you’ll be networking and identifying talent with specific skillsets and interests to build diverse teams supporting our clients. You’ll build relationships at all levels and be a trusted business partner to our business leaders. You’ll also interact with various business functions including finance, human resources and business development and be a crucial piece in helping to drive our business in meeting strategic goals
You will work with resource/scheduling assignments that are complex, greater in scope and require extensive relationships with sub-area managers on engagements to successfully execute on the engagement scheduling/resource assignment process. You will focus on matching resource needs with availability while taking into consideration skills required, personal preferences and engagement risk.You will also coordinate with other Resource Associates and client service leaders to balance workloads and address staffing needs as required.
Your key responsibilities
- Assign appropriate client service personnel to engagements by accessing information presented, reviewing options available and presenting recommendations based on sub-area policies and client requirements. Challenge hours and personnel scheduled as appropriate to make sure of efficient utilization of resources.
- Promote and monitors the sharing of resources; network with other team members across sub-areas and service lines to address resource needs and/or conflicts.
- Resolve conflicts with engagement team members to identify appropriate alternatives in a timely manner considering engagement requirements and developmental goals of staff supported.
- Build relationships and communicate continuously with client service personnel to identify personal schedule preferences and/or career development issues.
- Focus on engagement needs while balancing the preferences of individual.
- Proactively identify and addresses scheduling issues (i.e. excessively high/low utilization, morale issues, performance issues, staff/engagement/client issues).
- Counsel with levels supported as needed/requested; raise individual issues to appropriate leadership.
- Work with Campus and Experienced Hire recruiter regarding needs and start dates for interns, staff hires and transfers.
- Review actual and projected utilization, anticipate availability and proactively take action to decrease unassigned time while balancing the workload of all client serving individuals supported.
- Analyze and plans utilizing scheduling tools to assist in forecasting hours, tracking utilization and monitoring headcount. Raise issues identified to Experience Management leadership.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical skills; detail oriented.
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient at negotiation skills and conflict management.
- Strong client service focus; responsive to requests maintains a sense of urgency in resolving issues.
- Comfortable working longer hours as needed
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4years of experience. Experience in a professional services firm desired
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficient in scheduling tool and other Microsoft applications
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks; strong organizational skills
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Supervisory experience
What we look for
We’re interested in knowledgeable professionals ready to take ownership for spotting trends and improving our processes. You’ll need to be naturally curious, ready to learn and have a genuine passion for improvement. If you’re aiming to influence change within a world class organization, all while developing your own career, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.