Sr Mgr, Digital Transformation (Audit Services)
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust’s commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognized awards.
This is a newly created Senior Manager position within the Digital Transformation Audit Services Team and will be based in Chicago. The successful candidate will report to the Digital Transformation Director, who is also based in Chicago, and will play a strategic role in assessing the management of risk associated with the implementation of business-critical digital transformation initiatives across Northern Trust.
The candidate will interact and build relationships with senior management in Northern Trust’s Technology organization and Busines Units. Additionally, the candidate will utilize their technical and audit expertise to provide input into and oversight of the execution of the annual audit plan, lead department initiatives, and act as a trusted advisor to the business. Given the nature of the audits that this candidate will oversee, they will be provided with the opportunity to apply and expand their experience in working with emerging digital technologies and capabilities, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, robotic process automation, and public cloud.
Leadership and Management
- Demonstrate excellent communication and leadership to influence a wide range of stakeholders, including technology and business leadership, product managers, regulators, and external auditors
- Demonstrate strong initiative, project management, interpersonal skills, sound decision-making, intuitive thinking, political awareness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Oversee the professional development and performance management processes, including recruiting staff, developing talent, building an effective technical team, and optimizing resources
- Develop and deliver training targeted to non-technical audit partners to enable them to act as digital liaisons in their respective teams
- Leverage a strong peer network and tap the industry for knowledge and intelligence to identify leading practices
- Represent Audit Services through active participation in various organizational and governance committees, task forces, forums etc.
- Ensure appropriate audit coverage of current and emerging risks related to digital technologies and initiatives
- Deliver a risk-based audit plan that validates Northern Trust’s control environment or identifies developmental opportunities related to Northern Trust policies, global or local regulations, or industry best practices
- Act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders of Audit Services through the performance of advisory work intended to proactively identify risk on digital transformation activities occurring across Northern Trust
- Provide technical input and challenge on planned audit work to drive digital coverage and awareness across the audit universe
- Lead continuous monitoring efforts to stay informed of changes in the business and identify current or future risks that should be assessed through the audit plan
- Develop and deliver high impact reporting of audit results, including trend analyses and thematic reporting, for executive leadership, Audit Committee and global regulators in a manner that is clear and easy-to understand
- A college or university degree, ideally in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting, or Finance.
- Advanced auditing experience, with a focus in the financial services industry or global corporations preferred
- Specific subject matter expertise in emerging technologies and understanding of the associated cyber security risks, leveraging evolving standards and established control frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering high quality, high value internal audit deliverables for global organizations or in regulated environments, in accordance with IIA standards.
- Ability to execute a formal audit strategy that reflects the organization’s risk profile, regulatory/legal requirements, and current risk trends
- Proficient written and oral communication, negotiation, and listening skills demonstrated through an ability to foster relationships with a variety of stakeholders (including senior business and technology leaders and regulators)
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the financial services industry
- Experience managing a team of professionals, effectively enabling their professional growth and development
- Ability to adapt and react timely in a changing and dynamic work environment, tight deadlines and variable workloads
***Please note that this role may require the successful candidate to travel to other NT locations as required.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.