MSFS, Transition Manager, Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (“MSFS”) is a leading provider of third party hedge fund services administering over $600 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services has service offices in locations including New York, London and Hong Kong.
The candidate will be responsible for project managing the onboarding process for both new and existing clients, including the launch of new funds and the conversion of complex, established funds from other administrators.
The candidate will coordinate closely with clients, the business unit and external parties to ensure that all technical deliverables are met by the agreed deadline and that the client experience is first class and fully referenceable with prospective clients.
- Act as primary contact for the duration of the onboarding timeline
- Build rapid, trust-based relationships with key client stakeholders
- Project manage and seamlessly deliver the onboarding timeline and deliverables
- Create and maintain project plans
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and calls, ensuring deliverable outcomes are executed on. Can include interaction with numerous parties, e.g. counsel, system vendors, PBs, outgoing Administrators (conversions)
- Coordinate Morgan Stanley Fund Services virtual teams throughout
- Identify client specific requirements, both procedural and technology
- Capture requirements for Morgan Stanley Fund Services systems, ensure accurate, timely setup and internal signoff
- Coordinate training for the client by all Morgan Stanley Fund Services functional areas e.g. Fund Accounting, Investor Services and Analytics
- Assist sales team in pitch process
- Detailed knowledge of Hedge Funds and their structures
- Credibility and confidence to quickly create relationships at the Business owner, COO, CFO, CEO, and Head of Operations levels
- Strong leadership and communication skills; required to coordinate numerous internal and external constituents
- Ability to work at all levels, from junior analysts to senior management
- Excellent judgment and strong risk management skills
- Extensive project management experience; self-motivated and exceptional organization skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in coordinating virtual, globally distributed teams; ability to create personal networks within a global organization
- Experience in some aspects of Fund Administration for Hedge Funds
- Microsoft Office suite competency
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.