SM/AM - TS (Commercial Due Diligence & Strategy) (Petaling Jaya)
The CDD&S Group provides value strategy engagements and is focused on delivering deep insights in key industries such as Healthcare, Retail, Consumer Products, Technology, Financial Services, IT/ITeS Industrial Markets, Media & Entertainment, Food & Agriculture, Transportation & Logistics, Power Utilities, Infrastructure and Real Estate. This Group advises clients across the deal lifecycle right from pre-deal to post-deal phase, while also supporting clients in designing their growth strategies.
- This Group largely assists client in developing future growth strategy, delivering on commercial diligence / business plan validation in specific transaction situations and providing post deal integration / separation support, as required.
- As part of the CDD work, the group assists clients in developing their business strategy targeting growth with focus on identifying both organic and inorganic routes of growth. The significant focus lies on detailed market & value chain assessment, competitive landscape as well as customer analysis. The CDD work also includes regulatory landscape assessment, feasibility studies and options analysis.
- The group serves leading Malaysian and international corporates, venture capital and private equity funds seeking to grow their businesses through organic means or M&A and investment.
Some of the group's key services include:
- Business Due Diligence (Strategic / Commercial / Operational)
- Market Assessment and Feasibility Studies
- Market Entry Strategy
- Growth and Transformation Strategy
- Business Plan Development
- Value Creation and synergy assessment
The CDD&S Group is looking to hire a dynamic individual to drive growth and engagement delivery in its CDD and strategy vertical with focus on B2B and B2C industries, across all industry verticals. The individual must have some exposure to commercial due diligence or growth strategy assignments. The candidate would primarily be required to assist the Director and Manager on engagements across the group's focus services and support business development initiatives. Additionally, the candidate would be required to participate in the following activities:
- Shaping up and developing the practice
- Delivering quality and client ready output with minimum supervision
- Conducting primary interviews with industry experts for engagements
- Evaluating and managing risks arising from engagements and delivery
- Keeping abreast of market trends, M&A intelligence and competition in the sector
- Developing a strong network with peers and professionals in the field
Candidate must possess the following key skills:
- Industry analysis - ability to evaluate the trends, developments, key events that can have an impact on the industry
- Must have 2+ years of relevant experience for Sr. Associate and 4+ years of experience for Assistant Manager
- Strong analytical bent of mind and a structured problem-solving approach
- High level of strategic and creative thinking
- Benchmarking KPIs and indicating key differentiators
- Knowledge of available databases across the industry and experience in working on these databases (Thomson One, Fitch, APQC etc.)
- Should have worked on proposals and business development activities
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- High level of proficiency with MS excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint; Experience of tools such as Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau will be preferred
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to manage stringent deadlines and tough client situations, which may occasionally demand extended working hours
Candidates with the following skills will have a further advantage:
- Deep and direct client relationships
- Proven business development and practice / industry vertical leadership abilities
- Written point of view documents / industry reports / sector opinions etc.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in a client-facing strategy discipline at a strategy/boutique strategy, Big 4 consulting firm, or private equity fund with a focus on M&A and commercial due diligence and growth strategy
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, or another related field;
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to understand analysis of potential acquisition targets, including assessing the market landscape (structure, size and profitability, drivers of performance, trends, outlook), the target's competitive position (competitive landscape, target's relative financial performance, target's relative offer position), and the viability of the target's revenue and profit forecast and client's investment thesis
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluid client situations and ability to work in a fast-paced deal environment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.