Assurance FAAS Senior
Assurance FAAS Senior
As part of our EY-Assurance Team, the individual will be responsible for working closely with FAAS (Financial Accounting Advisory Services) Assistant Managers, Managers and Senior Managers on client engagements across Americas and EMEIA.
We’re looking for an incumbent who is competent enough to provide advisory services including Accounting and regulatory support for accounting change and special matters; accounting processes and controls support (remediation, long-term contract accounting and cost accounting); GAAP Conversion and implementation; IPO and other public offering assistance and transaction accounting and financial reporting assistance (purchase price allocation).
Your key responsibilities
- Manage quality of service delivery
- Execute the following FAAS solutions using Global service delivery framework:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Excellence
- Accounting Processes
- Regulation, Governance and Financing
- Remediation and readiness
- Ensure quality in delivering client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing Supervisors of engagement status
- Follow through on client requests in a timely fashion, and manage expectations regarding the timing of deliverables and reports
- Identify engagement and client service issues. Research and benchmark client data to industry data
- Explain the client's critical success factors to the engagement team
- Benchmark client data to industry data in order to make possible recommendations for improvements
- Apply independent and objective professional judgment in applying accounting standards to meet engagement expectations, including regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of accounting concepts; stay informed of professional standards and firm policies (e.g., guidelines of the EY FAAS Policy Manual); and effectively apply this knowledge to moderately difficult and/or complex client situations
- Receive direction from the Manager, Senior Manager and Partner
Skills and attributes for success
- Good understanding of IFRS/US/UK GAAP and International auditing standards.
- Good understanding of Indian accounting and auditing standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
- Working experience in relation to the following services/solutions (atleast three):
- GAAP conversions and implementation of new accounting standards
- Drafting and designing accounting policies
- Technical accounting research and advice
- Consolidation and Compilation support
- Financial statement close process support
- Transaction accounting and reporting – IPO’s , Carve Outs , PPA etc
- Remediation and readiness
- Benchmarking services and market analysis
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Chartered Accountant (CA), CPA (US) or ACCA (UK)
- 2-5 years (post qualification) in Assurance including at least 1 years of Financial Accounting and \Advisory experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Interest in business and commerciality.
What we look for
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be part of a market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 7200 + professionals, in the only integrated global assurance business worldwide.
- Opportunity to work with EY GDS Assurance practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from start–ups to Fortune 500 companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.