Valuations Executive / Senior Executive - Financial Services, London
Our Financial Services (“FS”) Valuations Modelling and Economics (“VME”) business, part of EY’s Strategy and Transactions (“SaT”) service line,works with client operating in the financial services across:
- Banking & capital markets (“BCM”);
- Wealth and asset management (“WAM”); and
We advise our clients on a range of valuation matters across commercial, strategic, financial reporting, tax, and operational purposes.
The FS VME team has c. 50 people based in London and Edinburgh, with a further c. 200 people in non-FS Valuation roles in the UK, all part of a global VME network of over 1,500 specialists delivering high quality advice to our clients across the globe.
We are seeking to hire Executives and Senior Executives to join both our London and Edinburgh team to meet increasing levels of client demand for our services.
Your key responsibilities
As an Executive or Senior Executive in the team, you would undertake research, perform technical valuation analysis, and produce and present high-quality valuation reports for a wide variety of FS clients, from publicly listed global corporations, to fast growth FinTech companies, central banks and regulators.
Typical projects include the valuations of businesses and private companies, structured financial instruments including debt instruments and derivatives, asset portfolios, and intangible assets. You would work across the FS sectors and develop a deep understanding of the commercial, technological, and regulatory issues faced by our clients.
You will work in small, diverse teams alongside colleagues with a range of professional backgrounds and experiences, each of whom bring unique ideas and perspectives to the team. A typical project could involve working with our offshore team in India, and often with cross-service line and cross-border colleagues at EY. You would be expected to manage multiple project responsibilities, communicate effectively with senior colleagues, and coach and develop more junior Analyst team members.
In addition to client work, there would be the opportunity to be involved in ongoing business development initiatives within the Valuation team and the broader SaT service line, e.g. producing marketing collateral and thought leadership material, or responding to a Request for Proposal from a client.
Skills and attributes for success
We require highly motivated candidates with strong numerical skills / technical knowledge and a demonstrable interest in valuation and FS, as well as a commercial mindset, who are logical thinkers and have excellent attention to detail. We would welcome candidates with the following attributes:
- Minimum of two years of experience in professional services or corporate finance (four for Senior Executive)
- Demonstrable interest to work as a valuation specialist and experience of valuation methodologies such as Discounted Cash Flow analysis and the use of valuation multiples
- Knowledge of corporate finance and familiarity with illiquid equity and debt / fixed income instruments issued by companies
- Experience of FS sectors, with an appreciation of the key issues faced by our clients in these sectors
- Strong quantitative and Excel skills, preferably within a valuation environment; knowledge of VBA or other programming languages would be an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and logically explain complex valuation matters to clients and colleagues from non-valuation / non-finance backgrounds
- Logical and methodical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to balance multiple projects, prioritise workload and self-review work, with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, diverse team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Science / Engineering
- A professional accreditation such as the CFA, ACA/ACCA, or equivalent, would be an advantage
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.