Strategy and Transactions - EY Parthenon - Digital - Director- Multiple Locations
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Strategy and Transactions - EY-Parthenon - Transaction Strategy and Execution – Digital –Director
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Director within EY-Parthenon, you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile digital strategy engagements. The Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon – Transaction Strategy and Execution has a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients. EYP has been investing heavily in building our Digital practice and scaling our capabilities to continue to deliver on Digital related growth engagements, including large-scale Digital transformations, and are looking for experienced Digital leaders to join the practice.
EY-Parthenon aims to create a unique world-class strategy and transformation practice that delivers long-term value to our clients. EY-Parthenon enables our professionals to lead from the front, unlock the full potential of strategy, transactions and restructuring, and reshape work, paving the way for major transformation programs, and driving measurable impact to the rest of EY. EY-Parthenon plays a critical role in driving collaboration between sub-service lines, within service lines and across the firm. EY-Parthenon houses three strategic competencies of which Transaction Strategy and Execution's Digital practice contains our market-leading methodologies to help unlock our clients’ full potential by helping them answer their most complex strategic digital questions.
As a Transaction Strategy and Execution service offering, the Digital practice brings together professionals with diverse strategic capabilities and deep sector insights to assist businesses in transforming their corporate and BU strategies to survive and thrive in a digital world. We rely upon rigorous fact-based analysis and deep sector expertise to deliver insights that provoke unconventional thinking. We assess their underlying digital business models, explore avenues for new growth, both organically and inorganically, and construct the roadmap to build, grow and transform the organization for the digital world.
Your key responsibilities:
As a Director in our Digital practice, you will be a vital member of the team helping to identify, navigate and deliver Digital strategy opportunities with our clients, leading and executing transformational focused projects. You'll execute and manage projects across all sectors, directing our client service team in developing and executing strategies for Digital projects and large scale digital transformations – working across service lines. You will also be focusing on business and practice development as well as developing team members to achieve their career goals.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Business Development – drive client pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our Digital Strategy practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Solutioning and problem solving – being able to listen to the client’s business problem, identifying opportunities to solve through Digital, and the ability to bring the firm’s collective expertise to design impactful solutions.
- Design Digital-led business strategies – build digital strategy frameworks using inductive thinking and tools such as market analysis, digital and start-up ecosystem assessment, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and digital portfolio optimization
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- People Development – coach and mentor team members to support the achievement of their career goals.
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision-makers.
- Project Management – lead project teams comprising of colleagues from across the Strategy and Transactions sub-service lines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Proven experience in business strategy in major organizations, including intimate knowledge of current industry trends and challenges
- Must be able to flourish in a hypothesis-driven atmosphere where inductive thinking is preferred above deductive reasoning
- Delivered digital transformations, strategy engagements including identification of new business models, determining an organization’s readiness as it relates to embarking on a digital transformation, advising clients on the necessary components of a transformation – including assessing their operating model, talent, digital portfolio, funding, strategy etc.
- Ability to visualize and communicate an end-to-end digital transformation from discovery and strategy to commercialization
- Demonstrated ability to create digital-driven business models, analysis frameworks and the long-term company plans that increase shareholder value
- Ability to develop strategy frameworks to guide multidisciplinary teams that include design thinkers, data scientists, industry and functional teams and whatever else is needed to address the client's problem.
- Excellent insight and practical knowledge of digital products and service and the overall digital ecosystem
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
Required Leadership Skills:
- Capability to participate in and promote a digitally innovative culture.
- Strong verbal and written executive communication skills
- Ability to foster relationships and create demand within existing and new accounts
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
To qualify for the role, we prefer:
- At least 4 years of progressive post-graduate management consulting experience in a top-tier consultancy in the Strategy, Digital, Analytics practices or industry equivalent groups
- 4 years working for a strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements (or equivalent experience)
- 3 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., digital innovation, corporate venture capital, partnerships and ecosystems, digital shared services, customer experience, organizational design, enterprise agility, digital product teardown, future of work etc.)
- 3 years of industry experience focused on a particular sector
- Understanding the digital landscape in and understanding the challenges across the value chain
- Comfortable in articulating or having worked in the tech/startup landscape, and an understanding of how digital impacts top-line (e.g., new business models, platforms) and bottom line (e.g., efficiency and productivity) opportunities
- At least 2 years of experience driving the sales of strategy engagements
- Credentials or qualifications, and ability to speak credibly on at least one of the following emerging technologies: Artificial Intelligence, Data Strategy, Analytics, IoT, AR/VR, RPA/Intelligent Automation, Cloud / Big Data
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, or Analytics
- MBA or equivalent Masters degree
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working on large digital programs in complex business environments
- Potential to grow into a leadership position within the company
- Background of working with digital innovation hubs and an understanding of the digital start-up landscape.
- Proven experience in a Digital venture, mergers or acquisitions
- An entrepreneurial and growth mindset to continue to build our Digital practice capabilities and solutions
What we look for:
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.