Senior Manager / Director, Govt and Public Sector, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Qatar
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the government entities change their business models and support their evolving needs in the areas of finance and accounting. We’re looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
You will be working within Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, which provides advisory services focused on the Financial Advisory agenda. The team works across a broad range of industries and delivers projects throughout the Middle East region. You will play a critical role in supporting the Government and Public Sector agenda in the Qatar market.
Your key responsibilities
Asa Senior Manager you’ll be responsible for developing and managing the Government and Public Sector clients, while collaborating with partners and clients to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages the sector and client specific challenges.
You will ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented; ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and monitor the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary.
In addition, identifying and communicating relevant trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client will be essential as well consulting with appropriate resources on complex issues and contributing in sales of new FAAS work.
The work you will be leading and delivering in the Government and Public sector will include: Accounting Advisory, Fixed assets management, Budgeting and reporting, cost optimization and transformation projects.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in the related field and more importantly Government and Public Sector experience in Qatar or MENA region.
- Experienced in leading and delivering engagements in the Government and Public sector
- Experience in leading and delivered large government transformation projects
- IPSAS knowledge and experience of leading and delivering Cash to Accrual engagements
- Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Regional experience with a leading consulting firm
- Arabic speaking proficiency
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.