Strategy and Transactions-Decision Modeling & Economics-Financial Modeling-Manager (open location)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Services that drive competitive advantage and increase shareholder returns are in high demand. Clients frequently seek external support to help them structure, quantify and implement complex financial decisions including acquisitions, strategic options, and investment appraisal.
The Decision Modeling & Economics Team (DME) sits within EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) practice and is a provider of business analytics solutions to help support the full spectrum of Strategy and Transactions offerings. We work across sectors and our solutions focus on supporting strategic, operational, and financial decision-making using technology and analytics. Our team consists of analytics, technology, and financial modeling professionals, all of whom have a strong interest in business & finance. Our work is often innovative and rapid (delivering solutions in weeks to a few months).
Your Key Responsibilities
We are seeking data modeling professionals with experience in designing or implementing technology solutions to solve business problems.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop and review financial models for purposes including strategic planning; mergers and acquisitions; investment appraisal; financial accounting and tax planning
- Identify issues and propose strategies related to the procedures executed
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business
- Managing and motivating teams of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds and fostering a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Maintaining long-term client relationships and networks and cultivating business development opportunities
- Use current technology and tools to innovate and enhance the effectiveness of services provided and act as a leader in adopting new tools and techniques
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting; Masters preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience with venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, or national accounting firm; experience in a financial modeling practice is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage engagements including the work of team members, client interaction, quality of service and expenditures against budget and revenue
- Ability to provide best practice financial modeling guidance to team members to ensure the completion of work deliverables at the highest level of quality
- Superior skills in MS Excel with additional experience in one or more of the following preferred: MS Access; SQL Server; Data Visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, PowerPivot, Power BI); Statistical packages and coding languages including Python, R, VBA, C# and/or C++
- General PC proficiency including Word, and PowerPoint
- This position also requires up to 50-75% travel
Ideally, you’ll also have
- CPA/CFA preferred
- Ability to create innovative, robust, and flexible financial model solutions based on client’s financial and operational information to provide insight into client decisions
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for business modeling and have very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.