Transfer Pricing Senior Manager - ITTS - US West
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: SEATTLE, SAN FRANCISCO, SAN JOSE, LOS ANGELES, IRVINE, DALLAS, HOUSTON
The International Tax and Transaction Services practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda – Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines, allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY’s market strategy and a huge opportunity for both the business and EY professionals.
The Transaction Tax Advisory (TTA) competency is comprised of teams focused on the tax aspects of the client’s capital agenda. We have dedicated professionals focused on buy-side due diligence, structuring, and cash tax modeling; sell-side tax assistance, structuring and cash tax modeling; internal restructuring; capital structure and refinancing; distressed debt and bankruptcy; and tax attribute calculations and monetization strategies. The International Corporate Tax Advisory competency (ICTA) is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing. The Transfer Pricing (TP) competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with all types of intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a focus on intangible property, and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems. With this many service offerings, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Constantly changing regulatory environments have led to rapid growth in the area of transfer pricing. EY is a leader in synthesizing global developments and advising our clients. You'll see that reflected in your career since you will be working with prestigious global clients at the forefront of economic analysis. Whether you've built your skills in another global organization, you're approaching this from an industry perspective, or you've recently completed a BA, master's or PhD and are interested in applying your analytical skills, you could really shine here.
Your key responsibilities
You'll be heavily involved at all stages of the project lifecycle, making this a high-profile opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities and diversify your skills and experience. It's all about translating information from a variety of sources into quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform and advise our clients. That will include building relationships with clients in a spectrum of industries and getting to know their unique needs and aspirations to provide tailored global services.
Skills and attributes for success
- Building strategic and trusting relationships with business leaders by thinking broadly and globally, as well as generating innovative, future oriented solutions
- Providing a fully integrated approach to transfer pricing by preparing documents and assisting in defending transfer pricing in audits
- Applying complex transfer pricing concepts and economic/financial knowledge to resolve client challenges
- Supplying innovative transfer pricing and economic ideas alongside responsive services and work products
- Modeling financial outcomes, valuing intangible assets and developing practical planning approaches
- Coordinating work with other client service colleagues globally to drive collaboration
- Identifying business development transfer pricing opportunities that will bring value to our clients and grow our business, as well motivating your team to perform their best while providing mentorship and guidance, allowing them to reach their full potential
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, management, policy analysis or another relevant discipline
- A master's, law degree, CPA, chartered financial analyst (CFA), American Society of Appraiser's Business Valuation
- Certification or certified management accountant (CMA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at a fast pace, often with shifting responsibilities
- A minimum of eight years of related work experience in professional services or professional tax organization, with specific experience in transfer pricing
Ideally, you'll also have
- A PhD in a relevant discipline
- A consistent record of excellence in a professional services environment
What we look for
We’re interested in international tax professionals with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear and easily understood recommendations. You’ll also need to be confident in coaching and reviewing your colleagues, as well as sharing your knowledge and experience to allow continuous growth within our teams. If you’re looking to advance your leadership and technical skills in a truly global environment, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.