Data Consumption Business Analyst
- Work with Regulatory BAs in the team to identify and verify business requirements.
- Perform data analysis (gap analysis and attribution analysis) tasks in line with Regulatory data consumption requirements.
- Perform coverage & fit for purpose checks using User tools between new and current data platforms.
- Provide regular internal status updates on business analysis tasks.
- Carry out investigations on data analysis and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively present the information on issues/gaps identified to technical teams and product owners.
- Ensure that business analysis tasks are carried with due diligence and best practices on business analysis skills/procedures.
- Create a data requirement document for consumption demands.
- Highlight risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies for risk acceptance.
- Work collaboratively in adhoc BA tasks with other BAs in the team and create synergies, where possible.
- Collaborate with tech teams and products owners in applying solutions.
Technical skills & Knowledge
- Must have OTC and Exchange Traded Derivatives product knowledge.
- Good analytical skills and ability to perform detailed data analysis and coverage analysis.
- Demonstrates experience in business requirements gathering and documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to business stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently.
- Well versed with using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic experience and knowledge of data analytics/intelligence platform like Alteryx, Tableau, etc.
- Some level of SQL database knowledge
Experience Must Include:
- A proven track record of business analysis experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of the Project Lifecycle.
- Experience of Agile methodology.
- Ability to work as a team player and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter and able to work on initiatives and organise themselves well.
- Provide accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate analytical skills with confidence to raise issues.
- Clear and concise written / verbal communication skills.
- Focussed on deadlines.
- Flexible approach to task management.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across different geographical locations.
- Collaborating with business users and technology partners at all levels.
- Cooperative and team player.
- Supports Diversity.
- Bachelor’s / University degree or equivalent experience.
- Degree preferred.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.