MY - Tax Assistant (Business Tax)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Provide support to tax compliance advisory services for clients in various industries
- Compile and prepare tax returns as well as conduct the following tasks - compliance and reporting, tax management and risk, as well as control assessment
- Conduct research and consult with team members on various tax matters
- Work closely with clients and liaise with various government agencies e.g. Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Finance and other government agencies
- Any other ad hoc matters where necessary
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Possess minimum a Bachelor Degree in related disciplines such as Accounting/Economics/Tax or Professional Qualification (CPA/ACCA/MIA/MICPA)
- Candidates should have 2 years of related working experience
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- A strong team player and willing to share responsibilities as a team
- Possess good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.