Financial Controller - Senior Associate
What we do:
D&PA is responsible for completeness and accuracy of data in firm’s external reporting platforms. We drive completeness and accuracy of data through activities spanning from Data Sourcing, Data Validations, Adjustment processing & Reconciliations.
- We are people first team
- You will be part of a journey in creating strategy to consume data from firm’s strategic hub
- You will gain exposure to the length and breadth of the data used for firms external reporting
Who we are hiring?
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with an exposure to Regulatory Reporting and who has zeal for project management, data & creating strategy
Overall you will:
- Partner with a lead in creating data heat maps to measure & identify data quality issues
- Partner with chief data office, technology, and project management teams for remediation of data quality issues
- Establish partnership with upstream data providers for creating Data Service Level agreements
- Partner with controllers and reporting teams to design operating model for data consumption from firms strategic hubs
- Partner with controllers and reporting teams to design operating model for adoption of firms strategic financial reporting infrastructure to support firms external regulatory reporting
- Partner with program office and reporting teams to implement Axiom reporting tool
- Establish data controls to ensure data completeness and accuracy in BAU process
- Identify process efficiency and partner with RPA team in automating the process
You will have:
- 7+ years total work experience (banking or accounting industry preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Exposure to Regulatory reporting functions
- Good understanding of end to end life cycle of at least one banking products
- Experience in creating an operating model
- Experience in managing or being part of a project
- Experience in reconciliation process
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and oral
- Must be fluent in English
- Control mindset and exposure to establishing controls
- Prior experience of working with cross matrix global organization
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills
- Independent worker who is self-motivated, Comfortable working independently in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Prior experience in strategy/project management roles will be an added advantage
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.