Risk Manager – Privacy Operations and Infrastructure (Vice President)
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What you will do
Responsible for developing, maintaining, driving and overseeing the execution of Privacy Risk operational activities and the infrastructure that support the implementation of the Global Privacy Program across Northern Trust globally. Reporting into the Global Head of Privacy, the role will focus on mapping out, identifying, developing, maintaining and overseeing the execution of operational activities, processes and infrastructure that support the implementation of the Global Privacy Program, Policy and Standards across Northern Trust.
Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive regulatory, technical, business and functional knowledge and expertise in Privacy operational capabilities, coordination of Privacy Policies and Standards; risk assessments; control monitoring and communicating effectively with Business Units and Operational Functions on the requirement to embed Privacy controls into Business processes.
Act as principle point of contact and Subject Matter Expert for Privacy operations activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate, maintain and oversee processes and systems that enable Global Privacy to monitor Privacy regulatory developments. Develop and provide reports to Global Privacy on such regulatory developments globally.
- Coordinate, complete and maintain Impact Assessments to assess impact from proposed / adopted regulation that impacts Northern Trust legal entities globally.
- Maintain the Global Privacy Compliance Risk Assessment and ensure this is completed annually within the defined timeframes and following the established methodologies and systems.
- Maintain, coordinate and oversee completion of the action plan identified as part of the Global Privacy Compliance Risk Assessments.
- Maintain and oversee completion of actions plans adopted to respond to Global Privacy Audits and Global Compliance Testing.
- Maintain, coordinate and oversee execution and completion of Privacy Monitoring Plan activities.
- Manage and act as the principal point of contact for the Privacy Compliance liaison group, including coordinating responses to partners, requests for access to personal data (DSARs).
- Maintain and coordinate updates to Privacy notifications, disclosures and awareness materials, including the updating of Privacy Notices; Internal Privacy Partner Passport pages; Privacy Training and Awareness campaigns.
- Coordinate and oversee the embedding of Privacy risk assessments into Business and Operational processes through the assessment of the need for and execution of Data Privacy Impact Assessments and Privacy-by-Design Assessments. Develop, maintain and provide metrics and reports to Global Privacy Head on completion of such assessments.
- Coordinate and oversee Privacy Projects as these may arise
- Participate in Committees to represent Privacy Operations
- Preserve corporate memory and heritage
- Line manage the Privacy Operations Team in the Philippines
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with the global, regional and local privacy, risk and compliance teams and Business Units and Operational Functions that are subject to privacy and information processing requirements
- Consistently display a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the rest of the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- 15 or more years of experience in financial / banking industry; minimum of 10 years of risk management or compliance experience
- At least 5 years of working knowledge and expertise in Risk Management and Operations or a related subject e.g. Privacy
- Candidates possessing Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or equivalent Privacy certifications are preferred
- Knowledge of risk management and strategic goals for the bank's business and the financial services industry
- In depth knowledge of regulations impacting Privacy Risk as privacy and financial services regulations, acquired through formal education and work experience is required
- Proven track record in developing and leading privacy risk and incident management and compliance strategies, policy and governance frameworks, implementation of controls to effectively manage compliance risks
- Experience and knowledge of existing working practices in the financial services industry, including provision of technical advice, risk management, outsourcing, information security controls, data protection impact assessments, and governance and compliance
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, whilst maintaining focus on organization and team activities
- Communication and analytical skills are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and apply regulations.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Want to learn more about our company? Visit our website
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.