Government and Public Sector Billing Supervising Associate-McLean ideal-or-other EST-CST cities
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
EY Government and Public Sector (“GPS”) is seeking a full-time Billing Supervising Associate. The Billing SA will report to the GPS Billing Leader.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day operations of the GPS Billing function, ensuring adherence to policies, applicable law and regulations, contract clauses, procedures, and internal controls.
Your key responsibilities
- Brief contracts from a billing perspective and save billing briefs
- Generate interim and final vouchers in accordance with contract terms and conditions
- Work with engagement managers to ensure vouchers are current, accurate and complete
- Work with clients to make changes or updates as necessary
- Monitor and enforce payments against vouchers issued
- Prepare periodic internal financial and external regulatory reporting
- Participate in development and review performance of individuals on the GPS Billing team
- Interface with other GPS enablement teams to facilitate processes such as contract briefings and contract close-out
- Ensure compliance with FAR and FAR supplemental regulations applicable to US government contracts and the accounting system in particular
- Participate in other accounting projects as directed by management
Skills and attributes for success
- Analytical and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Ability to work with a diverse and geographically distributed team
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant accounting / finance experience in a government contracting environment
- 1+ years working in a supervisory capacity in an accounting / finance function
- Experience in billing using Deltek Costpoint
- Working knowledge of FAR Part 31
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Power Point
- The ability to obtain a security clearance
- Must present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience supporting preparation of incurred cost submissions is a plus
- Experience with accounting system audit by DCAA is a plus
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.