Manager, Private Equity - Limerick
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
An opportunity has arisen for a Manager in the Private Equity Team in Limerick. Our team provides Private Equity administration services to our global Private Equity clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing an ever expanding Private Equity (PE) team within our Limerick operation.
- Manage the development and execution of the department’s strategic plans, goals and priorities.
- Responsible for ensuring the partners on your team deliver a high quality service to each of the clients assigned to that team.
- Play a key senior role and contribute to the management, growth and success of the Private Equity Team.
- Set and achieve the annual targets of the business including the development and monitoring of the Bangalore team, the automation of the PE accounting platform Investran and the take up of EMEA domiciled funds.
- Internal clients; ensure that your team is seen to support and conform to the regulatory and oversight requirements of our internal clients such as Control, Depository, Compliance etc.
- Ensure all deliverables are met for interim and annual financial statements for PE funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex cross-border structures.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries where required.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee deliverables for regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Ensures NAV’s are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Ensures the accurate and timely payment of operating expenses.
- Liaises with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Process improvements, ensuring all deliverables are done in the most expedient and efficient way possible.
- Ensures the fund accounting platform (Investran) is operated using best practice and all team members complete the appropriate training.
- Provides unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improves the department’s performance to clients (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Ensures that operating arrangements are clearly established from inception of a fund and supports the New Business Manager in this regard.
- Ensures that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Holds a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification with at least 10 years post QE experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Willingness to support with daily BAU where necessary to support the team.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects; Investran an advantage though not essential.
- Ability to assist in the development of a team in a Tier 3 location.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.