IFDS Transfer Agent Client Relationship Manager
Main purpose of role:
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry and take a lead role in the management of the department. You will be expected to direct and plan the department’s activities with a major focus on department strategy, change management, resource planning and development, client relationship management and risk reduction.
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of specific department performance targets and objectives
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct, and manage the department
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Contribute to the development of the organisation in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings, and HR policies
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Ensure that procedures, policies and processes are adhered to so that a high-quality service is delivered to the customer. Drive procedural changes to improve performance of the department or of related business areas
- Continually develop expertise in all area of the business
- Responsible for the ownership and management of vendor, audit, and regulatory body relationships, as required
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Actively support the overall organization and Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Assist more senior colleagues and deputise in their absence
- Utilise management information to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
RISK & REGULATORY
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Lead and contribute to your chosen Focus Group
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support during the implementation of change
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department-wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
- To exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled;
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which IFDS operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business, and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client-Focused, Excellence and Leadership (PACE & L) in all tasks and interactions
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
Specific knowledge, skills, and qualifications needed to achieve required performance standards in a role.
- Excellent administrative, organisational, and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Typically candidate will have 8-10 years experience in a similar environment including at least 3-4 years in a management capacity.
Addendum – Job/Department Specific
Main Duties of the Job
The DSM independently champions the “voice” of the client across all of
- the TA Operational teams with a focus on continuous operational improvement and the delivery of consistent excellent client service .
- You must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the
- Funds Industry, and take a lead role in the client servicing by showcasing
- both a strong service and risk reduction process ethos.
- Effective management of the client deliverables is expected and will require you to work closely with the relevant Operational teams and Change Management. The key areas of focus are SLAs, KPIs, quality of service, issue communication and resolution, change management, service and due diligence meetings and effective management. The ability to make sound operational decisions within a risk reduction framework is critical.
- Act as the escalation point for key strategic clients of IFDS Ireland and provide effective management of client’s current and future requirements.
- Own, manage and develop a strong client relationship management discipline
- Collate and maintain client operational service log to track and resolve any operational issues, relationship development and change management items.
- Day to day liaison with the operational teams to ensure all SLA’s are met and excellent service provided.
- Assist with resolution and communication of complex queries/issues from clients and/or operational teams
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with client relationship manager and key client service contacts
- Obtain detailed understanding of your client’s business and future products/developments that may be required.
- Co-ordinate fund launches including prospectus reviews, collate feedback from operational teams and identify/communicate potential system developments required to support new fund/product
- Represent IFDS at client functions/meetings
- Coordinate department client SLA reviews and Due Diligence/Oversight visits as required
- Undertake regular reviews of customer feedback with colleagues and client relationship manager where appropriate
- Participate and coordinate information for any client RFP where required.
- Responsible for timely acknowledgment and coordination of client change requests
- Raise BCR’s on behalf of clients for all non Operational developments
- Provide timely feedback and commentary on all client Business Review Documents
- Review and communicate all High Level Estimates (HLE) costs and timeframes to client/client relationship manager
- Support Client analysis and liaise with Client on Mandatory or User Group initiated projects
- Participate in relevant internal and/or external Steering Group meetings where appropriate
- Experience of Client Servicing and relationship management experience is required
- Strong communication skills, with excellent attention to detail is required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.