Manager - Debt Advisory (SaT)
Manager– Debt Advisory
You’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you.
A new opportunity has arisen within the firm's Debt Advisory team which would suit a Corporate Banking / Leveraged or Corporate Finance professional (c. 5+ yrs.). Relevant recent experience within the financial services industry (e.g., Bank or Alternative Lender).
Our market leading Debt Advisory team has grown rapidly over recent years.We provideindependent advice to borrowers on raising and structuring debt financing across the full spectrum of the debt markets from PLC’s to the private mid-markets and private equity sponsors across all sectors.
The successful applicant will work on all aspects of the deal cycle, primarily focused on supporting the senior team on origination, client coverage and deal execution.
We are a hands on and busy team and you will have the opportunity to work on varied and stimulating transactions. This is a great opportunity to gain senior client exposure, as well as working in a truly global and multi-disciplinary Big 4 firm with all the opportunities that offers.
You'll establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Preparation of key transaction documentation such as information memorandums, management presentations, structuring analysis and various financial models / discussion materials to assist in advisory and debt financing discussions
- Running transactions on a day-to-day basis, - this involves working closely with funders and other advisors as well as key company management team contacts
- Strong analytical skills and highly proficient in Excel (modelling capability), PowerPoint etc. with the ability to analyse financial statements, credit metrics and develop integrated models
- Targeting, marketing, preparation of proposal materials, client coverage and working as part of the team to develop proposals for new business
- Experience of operating in a team addressing borrowers in the debt markets, whether bank or direct lenders – experience across multiple products/markets is an advantage. This could be in any capacity, such as advisor, lender, arranger
- Knowledge of debt financing products, including pricing analysis, structuring debt and familiarity with loan documentation, etc,
- Proven project management skills, managing a wide range of multiple tasks/projects at any one time
- Consummate communication skills in written and verbal formats
- Extensive and highly capable project management skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging / dynamic work environment;
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Professional Accountancy qualification or equivalent, although this is not essential
- People development experience and can effectively supervise, coach and mentor junior members of the team
- The ability to build strong internal relationships within Corporate Finance and across other services, and can participate in business development
- Professional network (potential clients, financial institutions & solicitors) to help originate deal opportunities.
What we look for:
We are looking for proactive people who are keen to learn and can support on both client coverage and executing deals. We are a fantastic place to learn financial marketsacross all sectors and products and our junior team have progressed fast to date. We also encourage and support relevant training and qualifications.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you