Controlling & Mercury Finance Lead, APAC
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Reporting to APAC CFO, the APAC Controlling & Mercury Finance Lead has broad responsibility for Finance Matters within APAC. This includes being a hands-on subject matter support resource to region and country Finance teams on Controlling aspects of financial processes and system. This role requires knowledge of broad range of finance and operational subjects across the Area as well as excellent communication, decision making and advisory skills.
Your key responsibilities:
- Monitor the monthly and annual closing process to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial results.
- Monitor deliverables from Infosys on financial transaction processing and support. Working closely with GPO and VMO on transformation opportunities; continuously strive to automate processes with an aim to provide more accurate data in a timely manner.
- Understand the accounting policies underlying management results and budgeting principles. Advise member firms on new policy update and their impact on accounting treatment.
- Lead and supervise the Area statutory and controlling team on operations which includes statutory consolidation of multiple Area holding entities, oversight of working capital requirements, finance operational support for Area owned business.
- Collaborate as a member of Area Mercury Leadership team in overseeing the Mercury deployment in Asia Pacific with a focus in the S2P and R2R space. Advise and review deployment countries’ configuration.
- Provide guidance on system and process for financial and operational planning, forecasting.
- Team with Internal Tax and GCO to provide business with solutions on complex organization and operation issues as well as compliance with country jurisdictions.
- Handle ad-hoc assignments and assist in special projects.
- Respond to stakeholders on ad-hoc requests on finance and operation related matters.
Skills and attributes for success:
Excellent analytical and critical thinking, project management skills would be great assets and help you to succeed. We value business-oriented mindset, motivation to continually develop personal & technical skills through training, experience and coaching.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance) is required to perform this position.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in large corporate multinational organization. EY experience is preferred.
- You have a positive and pro-active attitude with a solution-oriented and strong delivery focus
- Open but must be flexible to lead or participate in calls across all time zones, most specifically US Eastern and European time zones.
- You demonstrate strong analytic and numerical skills
- Ideally, you will also have experience with ERP and Planning systems such as Oracle, SAP, and Hyperion.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.