Associate 2 - Core Operations
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
As a Global cash Operation Associate 2, you will interact internally with global Centres of Excellence, Client Operations teams, business unit Shared Service teams and Joint Venture operations teams to complete applicable day-to-day activities, relating to the overall processing for assigned clients and portfolios.
- Should have good understand of the settlement process and also should be able to analyse the activities of clearing house (DTC, DTCC, CREST, Euroclear) to ensure pre & post settlements were properly followed.
- Capable of analysing the fax and electronic instructions received from sales and trading desk and validate with the static data. Also to have good understanding of Reconciliation and enrichment process.
- Works in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services and Client Operations to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies
- Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise. Supports individual and team efforts with regard to research and resolution process for exceptions and inquiries, creating Prime Broker relationships and liaising as necessary to seek assistance in exception resolution
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Work with internal settlements and reconciliation team to analyse if trade booking, trade capturing, validation and enrichment activities or if any amendments were done are in adherence to Market guidelines within the market and internal cut-offs
- Should be familiar with Trade Life cycle and have a fair understanding of different guidelines (ISITC, IFSA, TMPG and GBP guidelines) and good understanding of Claims flow.
- Good understanding of NOSTRO and other payment systems (MT202, Fed wire, CREST). Familiar with different types of Swift message (MT299, 300, 199, 399, 546 etc.) and their usage.
- Should have a good exposure of initiating client/ Counterparty / third-party calls and should have worked on process improvement project.
Experience / Qualification / Key Skills / Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework or B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of related custody and/ or fund accounting experience
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel)
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, and within a deadline oriented environment
- Technical Knowledge & Commercial Acumen
- Quality & Risk Control
- Decision Making
- Client Service
- Drive for Results
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.